Logo

CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Do not use a Hotmail, Outlook, Live or MSN email address! Microsoft servers reject all emails from our server.
It is currently Thursday, 23 Feb 2017, 00:56

English | Русский

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Post Post subject: Decrypting/unpacking Steam games before release date   
Posted: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 17:33   
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is bullshit and I made a post about this some time ago somewhere in the SimPack 2 topic.
To say that in a nutshell: SimPack doesn't give a shit whether it has to be decrypted or not - it just unpacks (with or without the keys provided). Thus at the moment it does unpack the game but the content inside the files is just a mess of bytes which makes no sense.

Phoenix gives you a warning that this or that game can't be unpacked before the release date because if it tries, you'll receive the same files that have nothing behind.
And nobody can. And I dedicated a post to that in FAQ (link in the first post).

As far as binaries (exe-s and dll-s), I guess there will 80% chance that MW3 will have CEG. Which means that there's no binaries on the disc and they can only be downloaded by the owner of a legal copy via Steam. And yes, they will be downloadable after the release date only as well.

Any one who says otherwise, is lying. There has NEVER been a Steam game decrypted before it has been released on steam. Ever.

[[Please login to see this link.]]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]