English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 4439 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Re: Crusader Kings II   
Posted: Friday, 18 May 2018, 13:54   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
GeoDuck wrote:
matblo wrote:
This doesn't seem to be working for me. The checksum is the same as 2.8.2
Oops. Copied the old versions of the updated files. Updated the post.
---
Montonius wrote:
Did old files need to be deleted? Could that cause it to crash repeatedly?
There is a localisation file that was removed, (SecretReligionSocieties.csv) but it won't affect anything to keep it.
---
maichunyu wrote:
btw HIP seems not compatible with the new interface in 2.8.2, it keeps crashing after loading screen was shown.
Other people are saying that too:
Spoiler
Admiral Fischer wrote:
If someone is wondering, the new official patch isn't compatible with the full HIP (as in, EMF+SWMH+ARKOPack+CPR+LTM).
IntoTheMaelstrom wrote:
Did you test just EMF?
Also why wouldn't it be compatible with LTM, it's just textures and map didn't change
GabbyBoss wrote:
EMF does not work.
Agnstar wrote:
update the mod

Thanks so much for the update ::D

Posted: Friday, 18 May 2018, 19:07   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Yeah I isolated the crash to patch 2.8.2. Whatever is in that patch is causing the game to crash when trying to load from the setup screen. Game works fine for me on 2.8.1.1. There were new folders in the 2.8.2 patch ive never seen before such as the DLC Metadata folder. Since the patch was offered as loose files could this be causing the problem? Could something be missing?

Posted: Saturday, 19 May 2018, 01:48   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
Montonius wrote:
crash when trying to load from the setup screen.
Do you mean loading a save file from in the game, or the initial launcher? Anything in UserProfile%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\logs\error.log or exceptions.log? Using any mods? Bigger Interface crashes without its 2.8.2 update. I downloaded a new copy and made a 2.8.2.1 MD5 for you to check: [[Please login to see this link.]]
These are the files that were removed in each patch:
2.8.1.1 - 2.8.2
gfx\interface\info_bg.dds
gfx\interface\info64_bg.dds
interface\coats_of_arms.txt (moved to interface\coat_of_arms\coats_of_arms.txt)

2.8.2 - 2.8.2.1
localisation\SecretReligionSocieties.csv (added in 2.8.2)

I also tried applying my 2.8.2 patch to ALI213's 2.8.1.1 release, but I can't get it to crash. Here's the wiki's guide on troubleshooting: [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Saturday, 19 May 2018, 05:14   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
First, thanks so much for responding to me in such detail GeoDuck, I really appreciate it.

I am using only the vanilla game. No mods installed. The crash occurs once I've chosen a country and a leader, and it goes to the options screen where you choose to turn on or off all the different options possible and then hit start game. It also occurs if I try to continue an old game; the crash occurs at exactly the same point in the load, regardless of what I am doing. When I push the start game button, the loading bar always gets halfway through creating the new game and then it just crashes to desktop, no warning or error message. I believe this might be because I did not delete the prior CKII folder in the Documents folder, though this was never a problem before when patching up. I reinstalled the game and just put it to 2.8.1.1 so I could play. Tomorrow I will reinstall the whole game and the patches and delete the CKII folder in Documents before I do so so that it is a completely fresh install. But I'm not sure that's really the problem.

A problem identical to mine has been reported on the CKII technical forums since the release of 2.8.2, also on a WIn 10 64 bit machine. I'll link it here, just remove the spaces as I dont want to place a live link here. The affected user also carried out those steps I outlined above and so far no luck. I believe the problem is graphical in nature because the game is failing when it's trying to open the map and those kind of sudden CTD's during the transition to a new map always seem to involve a graphical problem.

[code=https://forum.paradoxplaza. com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-crashes-when-start-a-campaign.1098283] [/code]
Thanks for the MD5. I'm sorry I've never used one before. How do I use it to check for the missing files once I've patched back up to 2.8.2.1? And should I download the 2.8.2 and 2.8.2.1 files from your prior posts' Zippyshare links and use them to patch back up?

Posted: Saturday, 19 May 2018, 08:01   Reply with quote
You probably don't want to delete the whole folder since your save games (and screenshots) are in there. That thread does seem to be the same issue, except his game's loading bar is filled up instead of half way.
I've used Md5Checker ([[Please login to see this link.]]) since RezMar started posting MD5 files. Put the MD5 into the game folder and open it with Md5Checker, and then it will show if any files are missing or different from 2.8.2.1 versions:
Your soundtrack and DLC folders might be different, and you don't need the _CommonRedist folder.

Posted: Saturday, 19 May 2018, 12:29   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Holy shit, check out the new expansion features finaly some of the things people have asked since the release of ck2:
[[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Saturday, 19 May 2018, 16:36   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
jrhindo wrote:
Holy shit, check out the new expansion features finaly some of the things people have asked since the release of ck2:

Some of the features are already parts of CK2+/HIP. Let's see whether they will outdone the mods or come out as disappointments.

Posted: Saturday, 19 May 2018, 20:07   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Hi guys,
so first of all thanks for the crack. I bought the base game and got the dlcs from here, everything was working perfectly. But since the new patch came out my game is delayed. I click on something and it doesn't recognize that I clicked it. It doesnt freeze or anything, just nothing happens. After I click a couple of times it finally recognizes that I made an action. It's really unplayable that way. Does anyone have a solution to that problem? Thanks in advance

Posted: Saturday, 19 May 2018, 21:18   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Hey GeoDuck

Thanks for the updates you've been posting. I was using 2.8.1 from RezMar, then found 2.8.1.1 here and then used your last two updates. I then ran your md5 on it and my files for dlc072 are different. I looks like the 2.8.1.1 update I got didn't include them. Are you (or anyone else) able to upload the latest versions of those two files please.

Many thanks.

Posted: Sunday, 20 May 2018, 03:23   Reply with quote
Quote:
Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
I wonder if this will simply be a targetted decision like Invite to Carousing but for foreign rulers.

dlc072: South Indian Portraits 5 Year Anniversary Gift

Posted: Sunday, 20 May 2018, 10:15   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
:mad:
10asd wrote:
He always does. It just takes him a while due to work, so he usually posts them a couple hours later from now in the evening. Otherwise he'll certainly do it during the weekend.

No he doesn't. It's been 50 years now and no update at all, just like HoI4. Is he still active? Someone remind him pls.

Posted: Sunday, 20 May 2018, 14:13   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Hi, I bought CK2 but have no DLCs. I downloaded the DLCs from this page and copy pasted them to the dlc folder in the steamapps location, but "dlc71" was corrupted but everything else was pasted. I then copied the steamapi and creamapi from the creamAPI crack but when I started the game the DLCs weren't activated.

Posted: Sunday, 20 May 2018, 19:58   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
GeoDuck wrote:
Quote:
Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
I wonder if this will simply be a targetted decision like Invite to Carousing but for foreign rulers.

dlc072: South Indian Portraits 5 Year Anniversary Gift

Cheerz m8, your md5 is showing me as all up-to-date now !! :D

Posted: Monday, 21 May 2018, 03:30   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
[quote="GeoDuck"]Crusader Kings II v2.8.2 - 2.8.2.1 - [8.5 MB] - [Fixed]
Spoiler
- [[Please login to see this link.]]
Does not contain the 2.8.2 updated Europa Universalis IV Converter
I can't launch the launcher, I get the error "The procedure entry point POPS_NewsletterSubscribe could not be located in the dynamic link library pops_api.dll"

Posted: Monday, 21 May 2018, 04:01   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Is there any way to use pirated DLC when I have a legitimate copy of CKII on Steam?

Reply to topic  [ 4439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292 ... 296  Next