Logo

CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Sunday, 25 Feb 2018, 10:35

English | Русский




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1036 posts ] 
Author Message

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Tuesday, 11 Jul 2017, 20:05   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Joined: Saturday, 21 Feb 2009, 13:57
Posts: 14
BladeRX wrote:
mester wrote:
Quote:
Of course I have that client. But the point is I have no idea how to do hexediting, I watched some videos on the YouTube but it's different. I just want to know how to add new appid there so Steam will think I own the game and it's not borrowed by a friend. SFSfix can't add new appids (only add appids under appids that already exist so it works for dlcs only). I can learn very fast I just need some step to step example for most effective learning.

I understand Hex but I have no idea about the structure of packageinfo. Where should I add new values? At the end, at the middle?


Sfsfix works with games too, not just dlc. as far as hand patching goes the people who know how to do it doesnt want to share it many asked in the past, the only resource you gonna find on this is a picture with wierd subtitles showing a hex editor, and a java version of appid patcher.


How does it work? It asks you appid of the game but if the game is not there it won't let you. Adding it under some game does not work. I don't think they do not want to share it, I mean I just need to know where to add it I understand the basics of it. But if you are right and it is some secret then at least let me know in the private message, I'm not a Gaben Spy :laughing:


Sfsfix has 3 input fields(you can type the numbers manually): first one is location to your vdf, second is an already owned gameid(my guess is that it will search for it and paste the new id after this one) and third is the new appid you want to add. I can use Dota2 appid fine if i want to add something new, but most of my friends can't so you might have to search for a working id, also packageinfo contains info about every account you logged into thus patching a different account if they share the same game you have to be careful.


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Tuesday, 11 Jul 2017, 20:13   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Joined: Sunday, 17 Apr 2016, 11:19
Posts: 54
Yeah you are right. I added it into f2p War Thunder and it works. About the method, is just basically moving game from your friends games to your actual games. It works like that you own that game so you have full achievement and multiplayer support. It's good if you want to play multiplayer with a friend on same game ownership or just avoid 5 minutes warnings.


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Wednesday, 12 Jul 2017, 07:20   Reply with quote
Proud Servant of RIN
User avatar
Joined: Monday, 25 Feb 2013, 20:16
Posts: 21994
Location: Pandemonium
mester wrote:
as far as hand patching goes the people who know how to do it doesnt want to share it many asked in the past, the only resource you gonna find on this is a picture with wierd subtitles showing a hex editor, and a java version of appid patcher.

That's definitely not the truth mate. First, this picture you're talking of basically covers everything you need to understand the .vdf format and how to edit it, obviously combined with steamDB. Second, "the people who know how to..." are simply unable to explain stuff like the entire .vdf format and how to hex edit the file in a post here, at least not better than the aformentioned picture already does; this has nothing to do with being unwilling to share "our" knowledge!

_________________
Image
^^I'm clickable!


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Saturday, 15 Jul 2017, 12:58   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Joined: Monday, 26 Sep 2016, 05:41
Posts: 1
Please, help. When I'm trying to launch Dying Light I'm getting "Application load error 6:0000065432". Yesterday everything worked fine.

-- Edit --

Fixed by enabling sharing on friend's account


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Saturday, 15 Jul 2017, 14:29   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Joined: Saturday, 21 Feb 2009, 13:57
Posts: 14
Christsnatcher wrote:
mester wrote:
as far as hand patching goes the people who know how to do it doesnt want to share it many asked in the past, the only resource you gonna find on this is a picture with wierd subtitles showing a hex editor, and a java version of appid patcher.

That's definitely not the truth mate. First, this picture you're talking of basically covers everything you need to understand the .vdf format and how to edit it, obviously combined with steamDB. Second, "the people who know how to..." are simply unable to explain stuff like the entire .vdf format and how to hex edit the file in a post here, at least not better than the aformentioned picture already does; this has nothing to do with being unwilling to share "our" knowledge!


I'm sorry i worded that really badly. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I can see that you have been helping people with this even tho its been patched.
What i wanted to say is that the available resource on this topic(the picture) is not that helpful for the average rinru user even with a basic understanding of hex editing, sure it will show where to edit but you're not gonna understand how its working.
Feels like noone bothered to put together a solid tutorial and moved on to other things...


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Saturday, 15 Jul 2017, 21:20   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Joined: Sunday, 17 Apr 2016, 11:19
Posts: 54
It seems that Rust is the game that does not allow old steam version from December. January version worked fine on my old notebook, but with december you will get a steam error. These devs probably know about this.

Or somehow the build I downloaded from here has some flaws.


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Sunday, 16 Jul 2017, 15:00   Reply with quote
Proud Servant of RIN
User avatar
Joined: Monday, 25 Feb 2013, 20:16
Posts: 21994
Location: Pandemonium
mester wrote:
I'm sorry i worded that really badly. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else.

It's ok, no hard feelings mate.

mester wrote:
What i wanted to say is that the available resource on this topic(the picture) is not that helpful for the average rinru user even with a basic understanding of hex editing, sure it will show where to edit but you're not gonna understand how its working.Feels like noone bothered to put together a solid tutorial and moved on to other things...

That's exactly the point, to patch your .vdf manually you already have to know how to calculate in hex / use hex editors and to be familiar with the way the steam depot / app / sub system is working. There exist thousands of tutorials which covers the first premise, and the second one is explained multiple times here on RIN. All you need to understand additionally is the .vdf format which is perfectly explained in that particular picture you speak of, then everything should be clear and just need a bit of trial and error´for perfectioning.

BladeRX wrote:
Or somehow the build I downloaded from here has some flaws.

There is no "build" posted here, just a rollback "patch" you have to copy over an existing full steam installation.

_________________
Image
^^I'm clickable!


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Saturday, 05 Aug 2017, 02:32   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Joined: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2016, 18:04
Posts: 20
Is this still workjing? When I put the appid say it's patched, but when I enter in game the DLC don't show in :/


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Saturday, 05 Aug 2017, 03:02   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
User avatar
Joined: Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013, 01:45
Posts: 1674
StenioBlackHawnk wrote:
Is this still workjing? When I put the appid say it's patched, but when I enter in game the DLC don't show in :/

Are you using the old steamclient?


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Sunday, 06 Aug 2017, 18:51   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Joined: Wednesday, 06 Jul 2016, 18:04
Posts: 20
Nope, where I can find this?


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Friday, 11 Aug 2017, 23:32   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Joined: Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 16:29
Posts: 51
Was fun while it lasted

but they've updated the steam API and every game that updates from now on will have additional license checks that prevent you from launching the game if you have no active license (i.e shared library is in use) plus not even allowing the games to launch on older steam clients like the one posted here

until someone creates steam_api.dll's (steam_api64.dll's) that ignore those checks of course

heres the old and the new steam_api64.dll

[[Please login to see this link.]]

maybe someone with good reversing skills can find out what changed and if there is an easy way of circumventing those changes


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Saturday, 12 Aug 2017, 05:02   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Joined: Thursday, 08 Sep 2016, 19:56
Posts: 7
baphometjr wrote:
Was fun while it lasted

but they've updated the steam API and every game that updates from now on will have additional license checks that prevent you from launching the game if you have no active license (i.e shared library is in use) plus not even allowing the games to launch on older steam clients like the one posted here

until someone creates steam_api.dll's (steam_api64.dll's) that ignore those checks of course

heres the old and the new steam_api64.dll

[[Please login to see this link.]]

maybe someone with good reversing skills can find out what changed and if there is an easy way of circumventing those changes


so in addition to the steam patch theyve done this?

nevermind stupid question i see you said it here

"not even allowing the games to launch on older steam clients like the one posted here"


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017, 22:44   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Joined: Sunday, 16 Oct 2016, 16:06
Posts: 23
baphometjr wrote:
Was fun while it lasted

but they've updated the steam API and every game that updates from now on will have additional license checks that prevent you from launching the game if you have no active license (i.e shared library is in use) plus not even allowing the games to launch on older steam clients like the one posted here

until someone creates steam_api.dll's (steam_api64.dll's) that ignore those checks of course


Does that mean creamAPI is a goner too?


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017, 23:36   Reply with quote
Proud Servant of RIN
User avatar
Joined: Monday, 25 Feb 2013, 20:16
Posts: 21994
Location: Pandemonium
^^Of course not, those "additional license checks" simply do not exist - as GreenLums Reborn shows impressively. Moreover, steam does not even use the steam_api(64).dll to determine if a shared library is in use, so...

_________________
Image
^^I'm clickable!


Top
 Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: How to crack Steam   
Posted: Wednesday, 23 Aug 2017, 19:34   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Joined: Sunday, 17 Apr 2016, 11:19
Posts: 54
The only game that does not allow older Steam is Rust as far as I know, for that use GLR.

Anyway, I guess there isn't a way to allow family sharing to more than 5 people right?


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 666kurwamac, aa412a, adgjm, Andreadesmo16, anomalya, ApplePie, asdf.qwerty, AUb, Bambula50, BlackWolfcds, Calimer0, CaptWobbegong, carsomnyr, Chovka, Dan Payne, dude90, DZ87, erforscher, folyqa, G.C.S., Godz, Google Feedfetcher, haha123haha, iMorlik, Impulse212, Jaska, jaxfh, Jean Valjean, jediabj77, julian3008, kuziara, lamadre, leefr, LogerMan, loppij, manikcs, mannimanfred, Martwy123, MegaTech, Mikaqbuzz3472, momotar1798, mugenman18, nawksss, niear, Nuker22110, ocdman, onkeltoctoc, OverlordEU, partyboy25, raffles, rasputinhk, reach730, riyan1215, Saleey, sarchiapozzo, Seapuddle, skybluinc, Squiggg, streetboy, stuuuhl, t.wiz, Tabeasfriend, thecure, tomtom765, tuki88more, whiteuuc, writie777, xxxsetxxx, z3tsu, zotek and 84 guests


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group