Logo

CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Tuesday, 23 Jan 2018, 10:58

English | Русский

Post Post subject: Re: RIN SteamInternals - A Broad Collection of Steam Tools   
Posted: Sunday, 26 Nov 2017, 00:50   Reply with quote
Proud Servant of RIN
Thanks a lot! ;)

Posted: Saturday, 09 Dec 2017, 21:40   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
Sinix wrote:
Hi fellas,
Is it possible to download a tool(like a dedicated server) which is hidden for someone who does not own the respective game?
Scenario:
I don´t own Project CARS 2, but I want do download Project CARS 2 - Dedicated Server.
Is this possible with any app from OP list?

Could some kind soul answer this, pls...

Posted: Sunday, 17 Dec 2017, 06:10   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
omg this is the best package ever made thanks

there is a post that explain the differences (features) between the cracked steam dll such as 3DM, ALI321, CODEX, Skidrow , for the ones which don't have a topic ?

what do you use most for your games, ALI321 and SSE ?

there is any advantage of using something else than of SSE?

thanks

Posted: Wednesday, 17 Jan 2018, 19:47   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
I have pretty much the same questions.

------------ How I came here -----------------------------

I recently got a VR headset. Most VR games are cracked with SSE. But my specific headset (WMR) seems to have a problem with it's steamVR implementation and SSE, randomly crashing after 10 to 40 minutes.
So I took a SSE release of arizona sunshine, removed the SSE launcher, used an ALI123 dll that I took from another game (Doom VFR) just changed the APPID in the ini, and it seems to work better ! Just had the longest sesion without crash I've ever had on this game.
And this brought me here, trying to find what alternative to SSE is out there ( I mean as generic way of cracking a steam game) so that I could try them for the game that seems to crash because of SSE with my headset.

---------------- Short version ----------------------

SSE seems to cause crashes with my VR headset.
What other generic way of cracking steam games is there ?
Since there seems to be a lot,, what differences ?
Possibly, how do I use them ?
Are all those question already answered somewhere ?
I mean, I will eventually figure it ou by spending hours reading hundreds of pages ... but if there is a good place to start ...

Posted: Wednesday, 17 Jan 2018, 19:56   Reply with quote
i play most of vr games here and it works with wmr, i use sse or ali if sse don't works.

Posted: Wednesday, 17 Jan 2018, 20:18   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Really ? So, with arizona sunshine you use SSE and don't get the game randomly hanging up ? For me this game (and many others, all using SSE ) sometime freeze. I get sent back to the black room, and see the 3 bar of steamVR loading. I was told this means that the game stopped sending new frames to steamVR.
Since it didn't seem to happen with non SSE releases, I was thinking that's what it came from. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I was just kucky with htis session and it will keep crashing next time :/

Also, got another question to add to the list : there's a LOT of versions of ALI123 DLL. Should I always use the most recent ? Or is it better to use the same version as the game. But then, how to determine it ?

Posted: Thursday, 18 Jan 2018, 11:02   Reply with quote
i use SSE to play arizona shunshine, it's ok but i don't play long sessions, mostly to demo the headset so it's short sessions of about 10 15mins

if you are using revive be sure to turn off the oculus service or delete ovrplugin dll and ovrgamepad dll (not sure if the last dll is required but i remove it as well) from games files otherwise games will often launch using oculus and cause issues

Posted: Friday, 19 Jan 2018, 16:20   Reply with quote
Thank you so much for this RIN

Posted: Saturday, 20 Jan 2018, 20:29   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Is there a steam stub removal application that tackles the x64 3.1.2 variant? I know steamless recently patched in a x86 3.1.2 application, but that's about it.

Thanks in advance,

poopman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22