CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Tuesday, 17 Jul 2018, 16:46

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Re: Life is Strange   
Posted: Wednesday, 30 Aug 2017, 05:43   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Amazon will "sell" you a key for episode 1 for $0.00 that you can activate with steam

Posted: Monday, 04 Sep 2017, 03:16   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
I'm not so sure why you guys say that getting episode 1 for free will make cream api not work. As long as the game treats episodes 2-5 as Downloadable content, cream api sure can unlock them. At least it did for me!!!

Posted: Monday, 04 Sep 2017, 06:18   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
^Yep, game definitely seems to see the other episodes when you throw them in there. Not trying to play through them at the moment however.

Close only counts in Hand Shoes and Horse Grenades.
Many of my posts are compressed with RAR5 and require up to date WinRAR or 7Zip to open.

Posted: Monday, 04 Sep 2017, 06:44   Reply with quote
I think this game is brilliant.
However the time travel part is a bit weird, would it not create massive paradoxes in this way? Did the devs not consider that?
Anyway still 9/10 for me.

Posted: Monday, 04 Sep 2017, 19:44   Reply with quote
tforulez wrote:
However the time travel part is a bit weird, would it not create massive paradoxes in this way? Did the devs not consider that?

Spoiler
It did in Episode 3. Instead of Chloe's father's death, she's in wheelchair. That moment was intense to me tbh...

Posted: Monday, 04 Sep 2017, 22:28   Reply with quote
Wesam2011 wrote:
tforulez wrote:

Spoiler
It did in Episode 3. Instead of Chloe's father's death, she's in wheelchair. That moment was intense to me tbh...

Yeah i agree.
I meant paradoxes like if you go into a room and rewind to the time before you went into shouldnt that create 2 versions of you? 1 in the room and 1 not yet in the room... Anyway i understand why it could not work in the game, and as i played through the whole game it no longer bothers me.

Posted: Wednesday, 06 Sep 2017, 00:04   Reply with quote
This game is so awesome and full of emotional volcanoes. I hate I cried several times throughout my gameplay. I would definitely play it again and the devs deserve my money I will give it to them <3 <3

Posted: Wednesday, 06 Sep 2017, 04:01   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
tforulez wrote:
I meant paradoxes like if you go into a room and rewind to the time before you went into shouldnt that create 2 versions of you? 1 in the room and 1 not yet in the room... Anyway i understand why it could not work in the game, and as i played through the whole game it no longer bothers me.

Well, as far as I understand (and remember), the mechanic of time rewind in this game is that it rolls back time for everything except you and things you're holding (or on your body), so you won't see your old you. For the time travel scenarios, it seems that it transfers only the mind not the body, so you end up in the body of yourself at the time.

Posted: Wednesday, 06 Sep 2017, 08:26   Reply with quote
Henjin wrote:
For the time travel scenarios, it seems that it transfers only the mind not the body, so you end up in the body of yourself at the time.

Sometimes yes, sometimes not, seems to be inconsistent a bit.
Few occasions when she rewinds time she moves back in her timeline (moving in place too) and the next time she does not move in place just in time.

Posted: Wednesday, 06 Sep 2017, 09:21   Reply with quote
tforulez wrote:
Sometimes yes, sometimes not, seems to be inconsistent a bit.
Few occasions when she rewinds time she moves back in her timeline (moving in place too) and the next time she does not move in place just in time.

I suppose going back in time is different from only rewinding a few seconds coz if you check closely when you take an item and rewind when you're not standing in the same place it seems like there's a ghost of you doing that thing only to show that it was done by Max but when she goes back in time she must travel through space as well because she can't coexist in two place in two different timelines because in the end whatever she does when she gets back in time affects the present where she came from so when she's done remembering and changing the past she gets back to the present to find out what she's changed.
However in the end it was proven she cannot change anything; saving Chloe was in vain because you can't change the fate of someone.

Edit
-----------
And we gotta put in mind that this type of game don't work with logic, they just evoke our emotions <3

Posted: Thursday, 07 Sep 2017, 03:50   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Wesam2011 wrote:
And we gotta put in mind that this type of game don't work with logic, they just evoke our emotions <3

Agree. Anything involved with time travel and/or time manipulation will always have some kind of inconsistency/confusion if we try to make sense of how it works. Better off just enjoying it.

Posted: Thursday, 07 Sep 2017, 06:14   Reply with quote
Yep, totally. As i played the game i quickly forgave those little errors.
I hope they will manage to recreate the emotional journey in the next season too.

Posted: Saturday, 09 Sep 2017, 06:03   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
Banned
What is the best version of this game to download (scene or non-scene).

I would check this topic but people are talking about spoilers, which I really don't understand in a download topic to be fair.

Posted: Saturday, 09 Sep 2017, 06:11   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
^^^
Many link at the OP have been dead. Except the Steam still working. But if you dont want use Steam then get Scene or repack.

Just ignore that many spoilers if you dont want to ruin your gameplay ::P

Posted: Saturday, 09 Sep 2017, 07:37   Reply with quote
ThunderForceUpHigh wrote:
What is the best version of this game to download (scene or non-scene).

download the PROPHET release, it works fine

Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next