It is currently Tuesday, 16 Jan 2018, 22:33

English | Русский

Post Post subject: Re: Fallout 4   
Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:07   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
Banned
JoeM wrote:
Thanks for preload guys.

About the game, i am more worried. Video where somebody can go from one corner to opposite corner of map under 12 minutes. (skyrim was definitely larger). However that might not be the problem. Fallout NV or even that Skyrim had alot of stuff on 1 square kilometre.
What is worst. is changed dialog system. I know, that this picture is funny, but also sad. they could add more and mainly full sentences like in older games on console. You will click on something and your character will say something and you do not know what will it be.
Spoiler
[[Please login to see this link.]]

Regardin the map size, I also thought it was small as fuck but I saw the link @DZ87 posted, here's GIF comparision of map size to Skyrim and Fallout 3:

Spoiler

It looks a lot better now ^.^

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:17   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
So i just read we can play the game with vpn earlier if we connect via NZ for example. That would be AWESOME on pc!

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:20   Reply with quote
Enclose wrote:
So i just read we can play the game with vpn earlier if we connect via NZ for example. That would be AWESOME on pc!

I think that might work on PC too, correct me if im wrong

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:22   Reply with quote
IE33 wrote:

Regardin the map size, I also thought it was small as fuck but I saw the link @DZ87 posted, here's GIF comparision of map size to Skyrim and Fallout 3:

Spoiler

So its almost the same as Skyrim but it has 1/3 of the map covered in water....

“I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast, they could hardly be said to have occurred at all, but you… you are a man. And this world’s smartest man poses no more threat to me than its smartest termite...”

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:26   Reply with quote
JoeM wrote:
About the game, i am more worried. Video where somebody can go from one corner to opposite corner of map under 12 minutes.

You are just worried about that? The map is 33% water. But I've seen about 3 hours of gameplay in streams and on youtube, some in 1080p. The game looks good if played on ultra and it will look as good as Skyrim does now with mods in a few weeks or months.

Everything will be fine :DRINK: hope though the amount of quests is not true, some reviewers said less than FO3.

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:33   Reply with quote
Armageddonn wrote:
IE33 wrote:

Spoiler

So its almost the same as Skyrim but it has 1/3 of the map covered in water....

To be fair though Armageddon Boston has a really high density city core, with low density suburbs. I think Bethesda just included the core of Boston and its most iconic parts and cut the rest.
Besides Skyrim is like 3% city/village and 97% monsterland (not that Fallout will be much different). Bethesda is famous for making tiny cities filled to the brim with 5 people

What's more important than map size is the density of things in the map. To give you some alternate examples, you could honestly spend about the same amount of time walking diagonally accross Fallout 3 for instance and as much as I did like Dragon Age:Inquisition the boring combat and the lack of good non-fetch sidequests in several area's can make walking across the maps tedious

Last edited by Klory on Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:41, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:36   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
Fallout.4.Steam.Preload-MERCS213

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:45   Reply with quote
Smaller map size, lesser quests, lesser perks, and i would assume maybe lesser weapons and shorter gameplay length..oh dear god not fall out too

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:49   Reply with quote
Warnings: 1/3
share-online please

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:50   Reply with quote
BerlinFarmer wrote:
share-online please

Hugefiles give you at least 50Mbit/s or more with free accounts, just telling. Might have to make two because they allow only 11GB per day. You can have downloaded before they can even host on share.

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:54   Reply with quote
LuciferTheSon wrote:
Smaller map size, lesser quests, lesser perks, and i would assume maybe lesser weapons and shorter gameplay length..oh dear god not fall out too

Hey but we get a full voiced protagonist that will make it even less immersive because its someone elses voice.

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 12:58   Reply with quote
blueyedsamurai wrote:
LuciferTheSon wrote:

Hey but we get a full voiced protagonist that will make it even less immersive because its someone elses voice.

Thank god they finally have a voiced protagonist, it was about time, and it makes think 100% more immersive when your character have a voice, go play witcher 3 without Geralt speaking a word and tell me if its more immersive...

“I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast, they could hardly be said to have occurred at all, but you… you are a man. And this world’s smartest man poses no more threat to me than its smartest termite...”

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 13:09   Reply with quote
I'm sorry for spamming the thread, so this will be the last time I post on anything specifically unrelated to what this thread should be about :laughing: . LuciferThe Son please don't forget that the last Fallout Bethesda made (ie Not New Vegas) didn't have that many quests in the first place anyway :|. And speaking specifically about FO3, most skills had checks only at specific levels, not in increments. It didn't matter that you had 66 in Science to hack a computer since the next skill checks were probably at 75. The repair skill was also irritating since no weapon does less damage after 10 shots :P. Lets also remember that the "value for money length" game Skyrim had loads of randomly generated fetch and/or go there and kill quests and much less interesting guild and side quests.

I'm not trying to defend Bethesda if it does turn out that the game lacks substance, but what specifically did people expect here based on past performance. Seriously guys its a valid point to worry that games might take less time to complete, especially from AAA "lets make the same sports/fps game but with microtransactions to give us more "choice"" publishers, but people get weird expectations and then get disappointed

Despite how many people are crying about how short the game is based on streamers "evidence" aka I don't know if you rushed to complete the main quest or not,l Lets remember that if this were a super deep, super enjoyable RPG that was isometric and turn based and required you to read, then Bethesda would make less money. Because its "outdated" and "graphics". Most open world games are chock full of filler. Certainly going by sales figures nobody minded that about skyrim, and despite more competition in the open world genre, lots of open world games are chock full of filler content. Remember that this desire by AAA publishers to be more hollywood-like with huge marketing budgets and voice actors up the wazoo with super graphics at the expense of other area's isn't just them being short sighted and conceited. People buy their games in droves so nothing will change. If anything we'll end up paying $70+ for games in future because "its so expensive" to have underpaid staff and marketing budgets triple the size of games

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 13:38   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
shi3ld wrote:
The art book doesn't look to be released until 22nd December

The survival guide looks to be released 10th November. I haven't seen the guide anywhere and the pip boy edition doesn't seem to include it.

I guess we'll have to sit tight.

Well that's the thing, some people already have it

Proof - [[Please login to see this link.]] : power armor part of the manual
- [[Please login to see this link.]] : Companion part of the manual

Posted: Saturday, 07 Nov 2015, 13:54   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
JoeM wrote:
Thanks for preload guys.
- 23.8 GB is quite large for EN only.

About the game, i am more worried. Video where somebody can go from one corner to opposite corner of map under 12 minutes. (skyrim was definitely larger). However that might not be the problem. Fallout NV or even that Skyrim had alot of stuff on 1 square kilometre.
What is worst. is changed dialog system. I know, that this picture is funny, but also sad. they could add more and mainly full sentences like in older games on console. You will click on something and your character will say something and you do not know what will it be.
Spoiler

The dumbing down is widespread and not only in regards to the dialogue system, they removed the skill system from the game, they removed skill checks, they made vats into matrix mode...

By level 3 people were already wearing power armor in the recent streams... that tells you everything you need to know about the direction Bethesda is taking the franchise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7911 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 528  Next