Logo

CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Tuesday, 23 Jan 2018, 18:39

English | Русский

Post Post subject: Re: SteamInfo BBCode Generator   
Posted: Monday, 05 Jun 2017, 00:27   Reply with quote
Administrator
When I mass-replaced the old BBCode, I came across this problem with I think two other games as well. Most likely, our MySQL is too old to support extensions to Unicode that add some of the emotes and special icons like those, but I haven't dug deeper into this [Edit: Digging confirms]. What is quite annoying about this is that the error you see isn't caught by phpBB, because it's completely unexpected and none of the utf8 filtering methods that our version of phpBB uses are able to sanitize this.
So I'm not sure how to deal with this, because iirc phpBB does extensive filtering already. I can't fix MySQL for this and I don't know if that would be enough, character encoding is not a simple thing.

I'll look into ways to drop these characters from the input.

Edit: Fixed.

TL;DR: Knew about this, too lazy to look into a fix before, now fixed.

For questions and concerns regarding forum policy, contact a moderator first. I may not always reply to such PMs.

Bookmark this to stay informed during downtimes: [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Monday, 05 Jun 2017, 00:44   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
Well dropping the characters from input does the trick - and they're pretty much irrelevant anyway. Thanks a lot for having looked into this!

• Looking for a recent scene release? Check the scenegames section in [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Monday, 05 Jun 2017, 14:00   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
Glad you decided to go for the server-side way @RessourectoR

I'm sorry that I didn't read this topic sooner or I would have given you the code I made for my examples a year ago, it could have been useful :(

Posted: Tuesday, 06 Jun 2017, 00:16   Reply with quote
Administrator
That's ok, the way I did it now does not involve changes to phpBB (or so insignificant that I don't remember).

For questions and concerns regarding forum policy, contact a moderator first. I may not always reply to such PMs.

Bookmark this to stay informed during downtimes: [[Please login to see this link.]]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7