Release Date: 23 Mar, 2018
Language(s): English*
*languages with full audio support
Operating system(s): Image

Features
  • Image Single-player
  • Image Partial Controller Support

About The Game
Giant a soldier ant, is extremely clever, and highly trained in tactical maneuvers. What's more, he is extraordinarily strong, and super smart. His latest mission is to gain access to the crazy world of Captain Rat's Treasure Caves. Straight forward, huh?...... NOT!

You see, this particular cave is a tunnel entrance to Domino Domain. a mini world compromised of nine different continents; Giant must negotiate many screens of mind teasing problems. Each level has a door to the next. To open the door, the "Trigger" domino block must be fell by causing a chain reaction with all of the other domino blocks in that level. Easy huh?..... NOT!

The game consists of 100 levels of increasing complexity over nine different themed worlds. Each level features several interconnected platforms holding a number of "dominoes". The aim is to rearrange the dominoes, such that with a single push, all of the dominoes are toppled, thus opening the exit to the next level. There are 11 different types of domino, identified by red and yellow patterns, each with different actions. The player controls G.I. Ant, who can move certain dominoes by carrying them one at a time.

Various factors can result in failure to complete a level. As well as toppling all of the dominoes, the player must be able to access the exit door once the dominoes have fallen. For instance, the player will be unable to reach the exit if a ledge leading to the exit has been destroyed, or if a gap leading to the exit has not been bridged, or if a line of dominoes lie across the exit. G.I. Ant may die by falling from a large height, by falling off the bottom of the screen, or by being crushed under a falling domino. The player is then greeted with the message "You Failed, You Died" and has to restart the level. Also, the level will be failed if any dominoes are destroyed by landing one domino on top of another.

Each level has a time limit during which it must be completed. However, if the time runs out the player is still able to continue with the puzzle if they wish. By pausing the game once the time has run out, a small hint will be displayed, giving advice on how to complete the level. As a side note, the hint for level 98 informs the player that the game's designer cannot remember how to complete the level without trickery ("Use a drop! There is a way to make it work with a push, but I can't find it!").

System Requirements
Minimum:
  • Processor: Pemtium 4
  • Memory: 256 MB RAM
  • Graphics: Athlon 64 or later

---

Many of the re-releases by Classics Digital are nothing special and/or have aged badly, but this one is really nice.

Post Post subject: Re: Pushover   
Posted: Thursday, 05 Apr 2018, 02:05   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
played original for hours, puzzles can get really tricky.. 2 weeks till release march 23/18

--EDIT--

Now steam page says April 13th., wondered why nothing more had been posted about this
since last supposed release date..

Posted: Thursday, 05 Apr 2018, 14:31   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Seems to be just a dosbox version of the original one !

Posted: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2018, 13:49   Reply with quote
yes it is, & whats even funnier that the 'game' is an exact copy of a warez release from dead poets society from '97
FILE_ID.DIZ, dps.nfo & all the bat files to 'install' it.. what a joke & they expected people to pay for an exact copy of
a WAREZ release...

Below is the files direct from steam itself, look for yourselves all warez file included...

I actually thought it 'might' be a remake of the original, but nope just the same as what warez originally gave out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Saturday, 21 Jul 2018, 12:18   Reply with quote
Pushover-SiMPLEX
NFO

Btw, we got this on SCS as well.

The version posted in pakrat's post above is slightly outdated, since the latest steam manifest dates from April 19th.

• Bookmark [[Please login to see this link.]] to stay informed during downtimes
  • Looking for a recent scene release? Check the scenegames section in [[Please login to see this link.]]

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]