CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Monday, 25 Jun 2018, 03:18

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Re: Dominions 5 - Warriors of the Faith   
Posted: Monday, 27 Nov 2017, 19:04   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
They added one new feature on their old game, and are calling it a new game, and asking for $40? That's worse than the guy doing the Battlecruiser series. I never wished any developer more ruin than Illwinter. Even EA is better than this. I hope this gets cracked soon, and I hope it ends up everywhere, for free, to everyone. Devs like this need to learn a lesson.

Posted: Monday, 27 Nov 2017, 20:45   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Weaver wrote:
They added one new feature on their old game, and are calling it a new game, and asking for $40? That's worse than the guy doing the Battlecruiser series. I never wished any developer more ruin than Illwinter. Even EA is better than this. I hope this gets cracked soon, and I hope it ends up everywhere, for free, to everyone. Devs like this need to learn a lesson.

they did what? next time u have no idea what ur talking about, i seriously reccomend either doing some research or shutting (something) up. as a person that actualy watched the 5 episodes (30 min at least although he does talk things slowly) of changes from one game to the other, i know there are a LOT of changes. As a person that actualy played pirated, and then bought the previous game, i couldnt be more excited for this release.

Only reason i havent bough it its because i dont actualy have the money (studying abroad on parent's money), hence why im looking to try this before i buy it :P

Posted: Monday, 27 Nov 2017, 21:09   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Just pirate it when you can and then buy it if you like it

Dominions's a pretty rare gem series

Posted: Monday, 27 Nov 2017, 21:16   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Clean steam files anyone?
So People can start looking to look into it? :8=)

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 01:13   Reply with quote
damn.... i though we would haz something by now....... so very sad :( hoppefully when i wake up there will be something as i have the day off tomorrow and was really hopping to dig into this one xD

thanks in advance!

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 03:41   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Jdogg1 wrote:
If you can't afford the game then by all means pirate it, but this is one of those shining gem titles where the devs truly deserve to be supported. I've been playing Illwinter's games since Dominions 3 and at first their price seems steep, but the level of detail is extraordinary and warrants it.

It's incredibly detailed and deep, but the AI is lackluster to put it nicely...

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 05:21   Reply with quote
Vonlutt wrote:
Jdogg1 wrote:
If you can't afford the game then by all means pirate it, but this is one of those shining gem titles where the devs truly deserve to be supported. I've been playing Illwinter's games since Dominions 3 and at first their price seems steep, but the level of detail is extraordinary and warrants it.

true..... but have u played most strategy games? take civ V or worse VI as example...

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 05:39   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
ACreator wrote:
Vonlutt wrote:
Jdogg1 wrote:

true..... but have u played most strategy games? take civ V or worse VI as example...

I would disagree, take a look at a best of strategy games list and consider the AI in those. This franchise relies heavily on MP for what is more suited to a single player experience in my opinion. :botanik:

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 06:00   Reply with quote
Vonlutt wrote:
I would disagree, take a look at a best of strategy games list and consider the AI in those. This franchise relies heavily on MP for what is more suited to a single player experience in my opinion. :botanik:

well.... give me an example of a game less than 5 or 7 years ago of the 4X genre with a level of complexity close to this game with a "good AI" (except gal civ III). Im trully curious. Maybe u will introduce me to my next fav game

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 07:08   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
ACreator wrote:
Vonlutt wrote:

well.... give me an example of a game less than 5 or 7 years ago of the 4X genre with a level of complexity close to this game with a "good AI" (except gal civ III). Im trully curious. Maybe u will introduce me to my next fav game

Because the AI Paradox uses in something like CK or EU isn't any good. Any VR designs/Matrix game in the last 7 years(if you haven't played distant worlds universe your life is about to change), or strategy games by Graviteam are also pretty damn good.

Enjoy your new favorite games. :DRINK:

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 17:41   Reply with quote
Never heard of gravitam and im gonna give it a look now. About distant worlds.... iv spent my few hundred hours on it. I wouldnt call the AI good by any strech of the imagination though.... even using icemania's AI mod (which dramaticaly improves it), the AI is considered the weekpoint of the series (like grafics) given the actualyt have no AI programer.....

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 17:45   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
ACreator wrote:
Never heard of gravitam and im gonna give it a look now. About distant worlds.... iv spent my few hundred hours on it. I wouldnt call the AI good by any strech of the imagination though.... even using icemania's AI mod (which dramaticaly improves it), the AI is considered the weekpoint of the series (like grafics) given the actualyt have no AI programer.....

That game is saved my mods, very stale with vanilla, but definitely one of my favorites, can't wait for the sequel. Any day now.... :SORRY:

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 20:33   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
If someone provide me legit access to the game (doesn't have to buy or something, just access to an account which has the game), I will take a look into. I need legit access because I can't trace and patch custom checks without tracing the legit version of the game.

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 20:39   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Although the AI is lackluster in single-player this game really shines in Multiplayer when everyone is roleplaying their nations and "sending emissaries" via the "Send Message" button. It is passable for time-killing if you go against the AI in single-player, but it is true that you can't get the full depth and scope out of playing against the computer that you would from playing with friends.

As far as "only changing one thing" from 4 to 5.. Well, that's just a ridiculous claim that comes off as "sour grapes".

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017, 20:53   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
Ok, I just got the game from a friend. I'm staring to work on a crack.

Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next