Developer: Reason Generator Inc.
Publisher: Reason Generator Inc.
Release Date: 11 Feb, 2016
Language(s): English
Operating system(s): Image

Features
  • Image Single-player

About The Game
Our goal was to make a game simulating space combat between large capital ships at extreme detail on the scale of individual crew members. We've spent multiple years building a custom in-house engine capable highly detailed ship interior simulations while still supporting real time combat between large numbers of ships in an open persistent world.

The result is a massive open world where any ship, station, asteroid, artifact, or wreckage can be entered by the player and controlled in real-time. Space battles are epic and immersive because there are no hit points, instead you have to try and survive as pieces of your ship are physically destroyed and ships can be cut in half or filled full of holes. Play as a renegade shooting up neutral supply convoys and scooping the cargo that falls out, or disable and board enemy ships to take back to your hideout. Research technology and upgrade designs to make your favorite ship into the ultimate war machine. The universe is full of loot and enemies and things to explore, and your character will have all the tools needed to design the ultimate ship and put together the ultimate crew.

We also look at progression from the perspective of RPG mechanics. Even though the game is a deep and detailed simulation, we want gameplay to have progression, customization, and specialization much like a character based roleplaying game. Instead of unlocking talent points you will find crew members that add unique utility to your ship as a whole, or you might find module blueprints that allow you to customize portions of your ship's design to suit your play style.

System Requirements
Minimum:
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.60GHz
  • Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 / AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • DirectX: Version 10
  • Storage: 700 MB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible on-board
  • Additional Notes: makes extensive use of multi-threading and 64 bit features

Recommended:
  • Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 or Intel i7
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 / AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • DirectX: Version 10
  • Storage: 1 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible on-board
  • Additional Notes: makes extensive use of multi-threading and 64 bit features

Scene:
N/A

Non-Scene:
Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls v0.6.3.05
- viewtopic.php?p=1538171#p1538171

Last edited by McAule on Thursday, 14 Sep 2017, 17:46, edited 3 times in total.

Post Post subject: Re: Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls   
Posted: Saturday, 13 Feb 2016, 06:59   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Would be great if someone can share this awesome Game with us ::)

Posted: Saturday, 13 Feb 2016, 19:48   Reply with quote
Yes, this game does look extremely interesting.

Posted: Sunday, 21 Feb 2016, 12:11   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
Anyone got it to share? It's too pricey for an EA.

Posted: Wednesday, 24 Feb 2016, 19:28   Reply with quote
[[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Wednesday, 24 Feb 2016, 19:38   Reply with quote
Cheers mate!

Posted: Wednesday, 24 Feb 2016, 19:40   Reply with quote
Thank you :)

Posted: Sunday, 28 Feb 2016, 16:16   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Can anyone share a patch please ?

Patchnotes 0.3.3.21 - 0.3.3.23
Community Announcements - Allogonist
So a lot of people who don't speak English have been experiencing crashing, or at least I assume it was a lot of people, because one of them finally contacted me. Just 1 person. If someone from Korea had issues on steam and sent me an email in English, I imagine plenty more had issues and didn't have the ability to send an email in English, and even more simply never tried.

The issue is with numbers, and I'm only about 50% sure it is solved because I don't have a Korean or Chinese install of windows to test on, however I'm nearly certain the issue arose when trying to measure the size of a text character that could not be rendered. Monogame has a limited number of characters that it can draw using sprite fonts, and when it is offered a character it can't draw it happily draws junk instead, the issue is that sometimes I was looking up the width of a word in order to position UI elements intelligently based on their width. Since it can't draw these characters, monogame dies a horrible death when I ask it what size they are.

To fix it I had to go through about 100 different locations in my code where I use that method and make sure there was an alternative solution for picking a size, and test for invalid characters offered by the operating system of a non-English computer. Obviously since monogame was designed to handle my special case, it is a bit hard for me to test all of the edge cases that may still exist, so if you are on a non-English install and you are still experiencing crashes, please do try to contact me so I can look into it. Thanks!

[*]changed how unlocked modules get into your save games. They no longer touch save games and now simply exist in addition to the content of your save game during single player
[*]changed how unlocked turrets get into your save games. They no longer touch save games and now simply exist in addition to the content of your save game during single player
[*]fixed approximately 100 instances in the code where I measured the length of a string to account for the fact that some people will run the game on computers in other languages and might insert characters that can't be rendered or measured using monogame. If your computer is in a language other than US and you see text that is in a slightly wrong position or is missing characters, it is now showing that instead of crashing the game

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Community Announcements - Allogonist
Sometimes fixing a bug reveals a new one. Station airlocks are fixed in this version, here's why it happened and why we didn't catch it:

Changes in response to feedback
We had gotten feedback that it was hard to tell if a hole in the side of your ship was large enough that your character would fall out and die. This lead to frustration because people were stepping on a crack and being ejected into space unexpectedly. As a result we made 2 changes. First we changed how our shader worked so that tiles beyond the threshold of "hull breach, you're gonna fall out" were completely invisible. This change made it more visually obvious that there was a hole you should avoid stepping on. However at the same time we decided to make it a bit more forgiving when standing on partially broken hull segments and upped the number of broken tiles under the character from 2 to 3.

So what went wrong? Well, walking into the airlock of a ship is pretty much the same process as falling out of a hull breach. This obviously shouldn't be an issue ever because stepping outside of a ship means there are 4 tiles under you that should all be open space, thus you will "fall" into the other ship. The issue arose because there was a bug in how we calculated what tiles the player is standing over when the player is outside the boundaries of a map...in other words when their position is fully illegal. There was also an issue with the station assets where those ships didn't have any space outside of them meaning anything beyond their airlock was an illegal position.

The hilarious result was players walking free outside their stations for long periods of time. Why did it happen? the two unexpected bugs combined forces. When the player was in illegal territory, the position bug pretended that they were in legal territory and everything seemed like business as usual. They can only get into that illegal territory in certain maps that are made improperly, so we didn't catch in when testing properly made maps.

So 0.3.3.22 is a quick patch to fix bugs introduced via 0.3.3.21 or a quick patch to fix bugs that we didn't find until 0.3.3.21 was released, depending on how you look at it.

[*]Fixed a bug where you could get trapped in some stations if their map is made in a certain way
[*]Fixed a bug where some vanity items were displaying with the wrong art
[*]Fixed a bug where asteroids were not glowing white when zoomed out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Community Announcements - Jan

[*]you now only fall out of your ship once 3 out of 4 tiles under your character are hull breach tiles (up from 2)
[*]fixed a bug which was preventing the horrible murder of your friends during occasions of your unexpected respawning
[*]fixed a bug where autosave was removing missiles from missile tubes
[*]tweaked the shader to make it more obvious when a hull breach is large enough to fall out of
[*]added module unlocks to the list of stuff which is persistently unlocked outside of singleplayer
[*]all persistent unlocks are now applied to your new and in-progress singleplayer games which means restarting singleplayer doesn't force you to lose module or turret unlock progress
[*]fixed a bug where some ships would glow unreasonably when zoomed out
[*]all ships have been upgraded with the most primitive system for avoiding deadly asteroid collisions and will no longer allow you to warp into terrain at full speed.
[*]auto saves are no longer triggered when entering your home station. This prevents redundant saves when respawning and allows you to game the save system by force quitting (may lead to save corruption) Note: this was added in response to feedback. If it creates more problems than it solves we are not apposed to removing it in response to feedback.
[*]quicksaves (if you use them) are now different from auto saves and you can use them to return your save to the state of your most recent manual snapshot. Warning: this will override any progress in your (usually more recent) auto save.
[*]NEW: added a new screen to handle choosing which save you would like to load. This screen is not complete in terms of final functionality
[*]fixed a bug in the battle testing arena where clicking on the invisible research icon would crash the game
[*]slightly increased vertical padding of buttons in the keybind screen
[*]fixed a bug where the repair gun would often choose to attempt repairing invalid tiles causing the repair process to take far too long
[*]buffed repair guns again. increased both base repair rate and scaling with loot quality.
[*]cleaned up and optimized a minor data structure that gets used a lot by every ship (removed some deprecated code and data structures)
[*]NEW: added a mini-map to the ship interior view which shows the layout of your ship, damage, and crew locations in real time
[*]NEW: added a help overlay to the ship navigation screen that explains functions and icons and keybinds when the user holds the F1 key

Posted: Saturday, 26 Mar 2016, 15:57   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
shameless bump :)

there was a contant update too ... not only bugfixes

Posted: Thursday, 05 May 2016, 18:10   Reply with quote
bump? dont shoot me!

Cant find the latest version anywhere! Also, not willing to drop almost 30 bucks for this game ...

Posted: Friday, 13 May 2016, 00:17   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Bump! please update to latest version!

Posted: Thursday, 04 Aug 2016, 15:39   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
I'll bump this as well, an update would be awesome.

Posted: Saturday, 13 Aug 2016, 07:24   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Bump since this looks great and a lot has changed since the last version

Posted: Saturday, 05 Nov 2016, 19:50   Reply with quote
Bumping due to the release of 0.5.0, which is supposedly quite meaty :)

Posted: Friday, 20 Jan 2017, 03:32   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Seeing no one upload the newer version i will do so, enjoy version 0.5.1 :)
And since it my first upload here i hope i do it right..

Two notes:
1:this is the file from Small-games.info
2: it on a free account so the file wont last forever.

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next