Logo

CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Make sure the URL in your address bar starts with the correct domain!
It is currently Tuesday, 25 Sep 2018, 02:56

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Objects in Space   
Posted: Friday, 11 May 2018, 14:15   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)

Objects in Space

Details
Store Page: [[Please login to see this link.]]
Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG, Simulation, Strategy, Early Access
Developer: Flat Earth Games
Publisher: 505 Games
Release Date: Jun 2018
Language(s): English
Operating system(s): Image Image

Features
  • Image Single-player
  • Image Stats

About The Game
You've been detected…
Your ship is exposed…
An alarm blares…
“Torpedo incoming!”

Spoiler
Objects in Space is an open world 2D stealth-action space trading game set in Apollo – a huge cluster of star systems dozens of lightyears away from Earth. You are a ship’s captain, buying and selling wares in order to keep your bucket o' bolts afloat and stay one step ahead of pirates, organised criminals, corrupt governments and shady laws.

A galaxy of characters await you in Objects in Space. The game focuses on a myriad of short stories rather than one main storyline with a hero’s journey, so it’s up to you how much or how little narrative you want in your game.

Combat in Objects sees ships treated more like Cold War submarines than WWII dogfighters. You’ll be running silent, planning manoeuvres far ahead of time and engaging in deadly games of cat-and-mouse with nebulous enemies, but only for those players who seek it out. Combat-averse players can pay attention to the news and avoid pirate-heavy systems and choose not to explore the deadly uncharted areas of space where greater numbers of pirates lurk.

It’ll be up to you to keep your ship’s systems running as quietly as possible, going fully ‘dark’ if you have to, just floating with your current trajectory and speed hoping to avoid showing up on anyone else’s scanners as you traverse some of the most dangerous shipping lanes in space. 

To make your money, there are over fifty employers and your reputation with each one will dictate how many passenger, cargo or bounty-hunting contracts are available to you. But be warned - failure to complete a contract might see your rep plummet with that employer. So when you get an SOS signal from a nearby ship but have a deadline to keep, what will you do?

Your ship is completely customisable down to the tiniest component of each module. If your battery dies, it’s your own fault. You decided to go with a cheap Ventarii battery in the first place, and it was out of your stubbornness that you thought a Connext Hap Node when the mechanic recommended a Xiao Sa brand model. Silly you.

You can play it safe in the central systems or design your ship with the ability to outrun, outfight or out-hide your opponents and make your fortune in the outer rims. But be careful! You are just as easily prey as predator in deep space…

Features List:

• Massive open world to explore full of NPCs to interact with
  • Complex contract-based economic system with over 50 employers
  • Time-based open world - opportunities, stories and events happen at certain times as well as certain places, so each play through will be different
  • Tense submarine-influenced combat
  • Fully customisable ships - design your vessel for combat, shipping, stealth and more
  • Mostly avoidable combat for more pacifistic players
  • A world of side quests - no single linear story players are required to follow
  • Explore 12 hand-crafted populated star and 20 uncharted systems full of unknown threats and treasures
  • Find derelict ships, wreckages, cargo pods and communication beacons adrift in space
  • Be a trader, bounty hunter, explorer, pirate or all of them at the same time
  • Sandbox mode - play the game without narrative content in an endless version of the game (coming soon)
  • Scenarios - tense combat scenarios task the player with overcoming impossible odds and testing their skill (coming soon)
  • Multi-player Scenarios - compete or cooperate in a variety of multiplayer modes and situations (coming soon)
  • Build your own DIY controllers at home using Arduinos - anyone can construct their own ship bridge with physical switches and buttons with just a little bit of soldering know-how. Easy to learn and fun to do!

System Requirements
Minimum:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5 Processor or faster
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1GB Graphics Card
  • Storage: 1 GB available space

Recommended:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i7 Processor
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 2GB Graphics Card
  • Storage: 1 GB available space

Post Post subject: Re: Objects in Space   
Posted: Sunday, 13 May 2018, 15:10   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
i like the concept, I'll wait until it's out of EA to play it

Posted: Wednesday, 30 May 2018, 19:19   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Welp, i got a invite to it last night. I havent played much as im needing some spare time. Loaded up just fine for me while i see others are having a hard time, which probalby means a i have something installed they forgot to include in the package, lol.

I'll see if i can rip it later on, although its just a beta version and in the email i think they said they are planning to release to EA on the 21st of june.

Posted: Friday, 01 Jun 2018, 08:54   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
asser69 wrote:
Welp, i got a invite to it last night. I havent played much as im needing some spare time. Loaded up just fine for me while i see others are having a hard time, which probalby means a i have something installed they forgot to include in the package, lol.

I'll see if i can rip it later on, although its just a beta version and in the email i think they said they are planning to release to EA on the 21st of june.

I'd be interested in a beta rip. Kinda caught the devs during the initial beta bugfix rush and my request was lost to the void of work.

Posted: Sunday, 03 Jun 2018, 00:29   Reply with quote
Hmm, well I couldn't get it to load up without steam. I only messed with it a few tho with SSE. I'll try later on and if I can, then ill toss up the link for it.
It's only a 2 man team so its one of those if you like it, buy it for sure, type of things IMO. Its a really nitch type of game and is pretty fun when it's not crashing.

Posted: Thursday, 21 Jun 2018, 11:46   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
It just got released today on steam.

Posted: Friday, 22 Jun 2018, 06:45   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Can someone upload it?

Posted: Friday, 22 Jun 2018, 08:10   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
SD456 wrote:
Can someone upload it?

try GOD

Posted: Friday, 22 Jun 2018, 08:30   Reply with quote
Objects in Space v0.9.0 GOG
Spoiler
[[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Saturday, 23 Jun 2018, 01:38   Reply with quote
Really cool game, and thanks.

Posted: Monday, 25 Jun 2018, 03:33   Reply with quote
The game is a hugh bug fest. It crashes continually.

What a waste, I really was excited in playing this game only to be stopped short by how badly bugged it is.

Don't be bothered downloading this, wait until they release fixes.

-- Edit --

Does anyone have the latest 0.91 steam version too share? It fixes a few bugs which are causing CTD's.

GOG won't be getting that update until sometime this week (sad to say all updates are so slow on GOG).

Posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018, 05:02   Reply with quote
Ummm, no one has the latest steam version of the game?

GOG hasn't updated the game yet, and so far the dev's have released a few patches already which have fixed quite a few of the bugs.

Cheers.

Posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018, 07:00   Reply with quote
Ya, when i was doing the beta on it, it crashed a lot. Made it a pita to test it out. I couldn't get SSE to work with the steam version (from the beta, not release). Only way i was able to get the steam version to work after the beta was over was by using the fix from the game, Raft. Which was just a simple steam_api and the valve.ini file.

The game seemed pretty fun for the style it is. Guess we'll have to wait till the GOG version is updated to find out if it crashes as much, lol.

Its definitely one of those games that if i like im gonna buy when i get some money up, just because its a small indie dev. I really like how i felt like i was in a sub.
Replacing broken parts was interesting on how you have to remove the panels, screws, then the part and then build it all backup.

I actaully remember reading about it when i heard about it 3 or so years ago. Glad its out at least.

Posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018, 16:05   Reply with quote
It's probably best to wait at least a week or two, its really REALLY buggy and they are putting out non-stop patches:

Changlog:
  1. Version 0.9.1.4 (beta)
  3. General:
  5.     Fixed bug where tabs were not refreshing correctly on monitors right after undocking from a starbase.
  6.     Fixed UI issues with Enceladus’ nav map.
  7.     Corrected airlock button hitbox aboard Enceladus.
  8.     Corrected resolution of terminal in Enceladus’s cabin.
  9.     Corrected comms terminal camera in Enceladus’ bridge.
  10.     CMSs and PDLs appeared on wrong terminal on Enceladus’ bridge.
  11.     Added email screens to Enceladus and Proxima vessels.
  12.     Relocated Loni Guard in Mahuik Ngata Mission.
  13.     Nerfed KIJD-20 Jump Drive.
  14.     Increased reward for helium contract from Loni to Adari for Diwalinese Republic.
  15.     Fixed a bug where the Aya Grant contract said it had a time limit of 6 hours but timed out after 4.
  16.     Edited the DEVELOPER NOTE in one of the intro emails to correctly reflect how contracts work.
  17.     Made Mona Al Ajwi PDA note correctly disappear if you sold Bron’s art to Ezra.
  18.     Fixed a bug where a PDA note from Avelina Dembo wouldn’t disappear.
  19.     Extended the time limit of the Adem Fish mission.
  20.     Stopped Mona Al-Ajwi from emailing you aggressively even after you completed her mission.
  21.     Fixed a bug where Lester F Ward’s PDA note wouldn’t disappear when you finished his mission.
  22.     Fixed bug where Adem Fish would email you about failing his mission after you’d completed it.
  23.     Gave Proxima a sensor system by default.
  25. Version 0.9.1.3
  27. General:
  29.     Enceladus comms screen camera alignment was fixed.
  30.     Enceladus cargo screen was broken.
  31.     Enceladus lacked email screen.
  32.     NPCs were erroneously spawning at Crassus’ airlock in the last build.
  34. Version 0.9.1.2
  36. General:
  38.     Fixed a crash in the first Mona Al Ajwi conversation.
  39.     Pirate ships trying to spin up weapons after taking damage sometimes caused a crash.
  40.     Fixed a crash where jumping to a system with a bounty after you’ve saved and loaded game.
  41.     Leaving a module open sometimes resulted in a crash when returning to your engine room.
  42.     Save games did not save the number of countermeasures currently in a CM module correctly.
  43.     Trying to change tabs on the power screen caused a camera break.
  44.     Being towed after firing SOS beacon from uninhabited star systems failed to dock correctly with the new space station, and could cause crashes.
  45.     Goods were not being valued correctly when trading on the wire.
  46.     Ensure all pirate classes have weapons modules.
  47.     Infopedia page wasn’t working on power screen.
  48.     Fixed a problem which sometimes caused bounty targets to not appear.
  49.     Fixed UI bug meaning the “Take Loan” button sometimes didn’t click right.
  50.     Fixed bug where John Milgram would get stuck having the same ending conversation again and again on Adari.
  51.     Fixed bug where John Milgram would have both mission success and failure conversations regardless of where you dropped him.
  52.     Changed headline of an article about the destruction of Jansky to match the content.
  53.     Fixed a bug where Lester F Ward would keep on popping up at every space station even after you’d dropped him off.
  54.     Fixed bug where Maja Lindqvist would appear on Crassus even after you’d completed her mission and seen Okwui Ways.
  55.     Fixed bug where Ant would never appear to buy your sand.
  56.     Allowed sale of sand to Ant.
  57.     Fixed bug where you can sell sand to Ant and he doesn’t take the cargo but you get the money.
  58.     Fixed bug where Okwui Ways never appeared after Maja told you to go meet him.
  59.     Port Pisa mistakenly had two trading screens and no component screen - fixed.
  60.     Infinite loop in Jackson Farlane’s conversation no longer possible.
  61.     Updated Infopedia entry on jump drives to mention that you need to remain still in order to calculate a jump solution…
  63. Version 0.9.1.1 (main)
  65. General Bugs:
  67.     Fixed a crash when pirates trying to spin up weapons after taking sudden damage.
  68.     Extended time limit on Adem Fish mission.
  69.     Fixed bug where Adem Fish would reward you for failing his mission.
  70.     Fixed bug where John Milgram would remain on your ship indefinitely if you ran out of time.
  71.     Gave John Milgram a language.
  72.     Fixed bug where Maria Cupelli conversation could repeat indefinitely.
  73.     Made the Cupelli’s and Celia House space stations only appear when missions start.
  74.     Re-worded first John Milgram email to make it clearer where you have to go.
  75.     Re-balanced a contract for the Molucca Mining Company which earned you a loss.
  76.     Fixed bug where Mona Al Ajwi would email you about failing her mission after you’d completed it.
  77.     Delayed fourth Artem Kovalevsky conversation so it didn’t take place immediately after jump.
  78.     Increased time limit on contract taking medical supplies from Penitent to Sterling Industrial for Leon Aerospace.
  79.     Relocated Scud de la Vinci for final conversation in his mission.
  80.     Fixed bug where Buffalo Hargreaves PDA note would remain forever if you missed his pickup time.
  81.     Fixed infinite loop in Biming Yang conversation.
  82.     Correctly ensured you get an email when you fail to make the pickup on time for the Aya Grant mission.
  83.     Fixed bug where Agnes Pelettier would remain in position after conversation ended.
  85. Version 0.9.1
  87. General Bugs:
  89.     Fixed a crash when selling a module which was currently open in your engine room.
  90.     Fixed a crash when switching rooms under certain circumstances.
  91.     Fixed the ability to hail other vessels in the tutorial and crash the game.
  92.     Fixed a crash when visiting the passenger cabin on the Ceres-class when you’ve got a passenger aboard.
  93.     Fixed a bug where the game did not always pause correctly at the PDA Options screen.
  94.     Fixed bug where Cluster mode did not work on PDA.
  95.     Fixed several crashes which occurred as you opened / read news articles.
  96.     Modules open for repair are automatically closed when you disembark your ship.
  97.     Usable objects glow ever so slightly when they your mouse hovers over them.
  98.     Stopped scroll wheel from zooming out from the PDA at the wrong times.
  99.     Made the selected tablet tabs brighter / more colour to make the current tab more obvious.
  100.     Fixed an issue with emails being sent too early.
  101.     Corrected the Enceladus-class Corvette’s airlock problems.
  103. Windows:
  105.     Fixed a crash when viewing binary files on your ship’s PC.
  107. Alterations:
  109.     Made instructions in Jackson Farlane mission clearer.
  110.     Removed reference to the Valdez from the crew cabin.
  112. Additions:
  114.     Gave various planets and stellar objects unique looks.
  115.     Components now take very slow attrition over their lifespan.
  117. Version 0.9.0
  119. General:
  121.     Initial Early Access build

Posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018, 17:06   Reply with quote
Yeah, the game is in a sad state at the moment.

Anyway, I only thought I would ask for an updated steam version since the GOG team isn't interested in updating the game. I was always under the assumption that GOG releases updates as soon as the developer releases them since it's a game under development but I guess I am wrong here.

Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it.

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next