Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Sunday, 22 Jul 2018, 20:54

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Re: Phoenix toolkit 1.5 RC2 [12 FEB 2011]   
Posted: Tuesday, 14 Feb 2012, 02:24   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
MerolaC
Wow, didn't expect that one coming. Seems you're in No-Steam far more than myself :D .

Posted: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 22:29   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
MerolaC
Wow, didn't expect that one coming. Seems you're in No-Steam far more than myself :D .

Yes, I'm registered here for a long time now, but to be honest, that's about it, mostly leeched the Steam cracks (Forgive me guys :oops: ) Not anymore.
I was FAR more active at Digital Zone forum though, still I am active there, but more here.
I just wish I knew coding like most of you guys do, but my head is not up for the task :ROFL:

Thanks again! :D

cs.rin.ru
[[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Wednesday, 21 Mar 2012, 18:27   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
I put the Phoenix.exe into SteamApps folder and it launches without problems but when I try to launch Half-Life 1 the screen just goes black and then to normal again without an error message. Is there a fix for this?

Also- how can I add Cry of Fear (a HL1 mod) to the list so I can play it if I somehow get HL1 working?

EDIT: never mind, I put the Phoenix.exe into the HL1 folder and now I can launch Cry of Fear

Thanks for making such a toolkit! Now I can finally try out this mod :)

Posted: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 07:48   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Okay...finally, read all 28 pages of posts... ::D wow - intense, but got through it all...

Okay - got a problem about Left 4 Dead 2 about that engine error and that client thingy. Somewhere in the first few to several posts, someone said about that the retail disc installer of left 4 Dead 2 has some missing files to play the game without steam, correct? If so, can you tell me where I can these files? Even though I read all 28 pages straight, I'm still not getting how Phoenix works in my head. I know it extracts and installs steam hooked games, but didn't know some files missing required to play and launch the game properly were also not on the disc....So apparently, I'm suppose to get the client.dll and some other file(s) to get this running? :?:

Another question if I may: Okay, I did CoJ - TC and no executable game file was there! Only the folders: MD and Redist were there. files: Crashlog.cfg, games.ini, installscript.vdf and steam_appid.txt and no game file!!? How does that going to make the game playable if I can't even see a way to actually launch the game!? - Let me guess, missing files too, and where do I get those? :?:

Kind Regards

Posted: Thursday, 19 Apr 2012, 13:05   Reply with quote
$#NOOB#$
That's some hard work you made thru 28 pages...well, here're topics with more pages, but it's good you did it :)
Quote:
So apparently, I'm suppose to get the client.dll and some other file(s) to get this running?
Yep. You can make *.Phxmanifest file here (Right click on the game icon under the Games list and select Full info summary. If you got NCF files, just right click on every one and select Create... -> missing files list. this will create *.phxmanifest file for every selected ncf). Send it to me here and I'll make a patch for you.

Seems this is a solution for your second game's problem. Try the same thing here. Let me know if smth is not clear for you :) .

Posted: Friday, 20 Apr 2012, 07:51   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
$#NOOB#$
That's some hard work you made thru 28 pages...well, here're topics with more pages, but it's good you did it :)

You know, with that length of time, I could've spent it on playing games! But since I wanted to play games that was either was just steam hooked or steam exclusive games, I committed time to this. ::D
$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
Quote:
So apparently, I'm suppose to get the client.dll and some other file(s) to get this running?
Yep. You can make *.Phxmanifest file here (Right click on the game icon under the Games list and select Full info summary. If you got NCF files, just right click on every one and select Create... -> missing files list. this will create *.phxmanifest file for every selected ncf). Send it to me here and I'll make a patch for you.

Seems this is a solution for your second game's problem. Try the same thing here. Let me know if smth is not clear for you :) .

Wheres that file located? I can't see it...and I'm not re-reading another 28 pages either....I'm good with that! ::P

It's actually next to the games list button, not under and the icon's is of the hl.exe you get from steam games, once you install it properly using the steam client installer - at least for CSS, not sure about the others..... Had to do it again, as it was on another computer...could've told me that! But well, I guess I figured that out myself.

Perhaps a couple of suggestions from me about the program - maybe integrate the FAQ website of all those questions and Answer into the program along with the manual too. It says manual is not available when I press it; and I need internet connection if I wanted to view the FAQ....

Also, I forgot to add - how do you fix the language spoken in Left 4 Dead 2? It speaks some other lnaguage besides English and I don't understand what they're saying...Besides deleting the other ncf language files(I think that's what they were for) and then re-do again, is there another way?

The game: CoJ - TC doesn't show up on the games list....so how am I suppose to do the same thing here?

Posted: Friday, 20 Apr 2012, 20:22   Reply with quote
$#NOOB#$
Oh, I hate the usability of my own program :D . Actually, I'm trying to make it better, but 1.5 final will look this way, sorry. I just had all new interface revamped for 1.6 branch.

The *.phxmanifest file should be located in the same folder as the selected NCF you made that file for.

Quote:
Perhaps a couple of suggestions from me about the program - maybe integrate the FAQ website of all those questions and Answer into the program along with the manual too. It says manual is not available when I press it; and I need internet connection if I wanted to view the FAQ....
I'll try to make all the things as I release the final version. I just can't write normal readable and relatively simple manual for the program - that's why it's not available yet. I know I should, but it takes a comparatively big amount of time. But I gonna do it :) .

Quote:
CoJ - TC doesn't show up on the games list
If it uses *.acf file format, then I'm sorry, but Phx has no support of it yet. I'm working on this.

Quote:
how do you fix the language spoken in Left 4 Dead 2?
There's a Steam Language parameter in Program settings. Set it to the desired one and you're done.

Posted: Saturday, 21 Apr 2012, 06:24   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
$#NOOB#$
Oh, I hate the usability of my own program :D . Actually, I'm trying to make it better, but 1.5 final will look this way, sorry. I just had all new interface revamped for 1.6 branch.

The *.phxmanifest file should be located in the same folder as the selected NCF you made that file for.

Okay, I guess I have to wait for the new version to come out then. I don't believe I have any NCF files...I ripped the files/folders directly off my disc....I went to Instruments > Sid Unpacker > and selected where my sim file was in this case on the disc and clicked Unpack...Only the game files were extracted, no ncf files in the process...

$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
Quote:
CoJ - TC doesn't show up on the games list
If it uses *.acf file format, then I'm sorry, but Phx has no support of it yet. I'm working on this.
I don't see acf files anywhere...all I see is CoJ_TheCartel.ncf file at the beginning of the process before I press unpack...

$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
Quote:
how do you fix the language spoken in Left 4 Dead 2?
There's a Steam Language parameter in Program settings. Set it to the desired one and you're done.

...says I either need ncf files or gcf files of which neither do I have.

Posted: Saturday, 21 Apr 2012, 09:59   Reply with quote
$#NOOB#$
Aha, now I see where's the problem. Well, I guess, you better search for the NCF files in Steam Content Sharing section of the forum or get repacks. I'm actually trying to somehow overcome this situation, but efforts are still weak in comparison to what Valve does. With razor8 we're developing CacheNET - a project that will handle this situation from "another angle".

Posted: Saturday, 21 Apr 2012, 11:27   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Uhhh, what are you trying to say? My discs aren't compatible with your program?

Posted: Saturday, 21 Apr 2012, 12:09   Reply with quote
$#NOOB#$
No, you need to get the missing files by either acquiring NCFs and updating the missing content and/or installing cracked binaries (exe files and dlls) because Phx can't handle CEG.

Posted: Sunday, 22 Apr 2012, 05:34   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
$#NOOB#$
No, you need to get the missing files by either acquiring NCFs and updating the missing content and/or installing cracked binaries (exe files and dlls) because Phx can't handle CEG.

... :o :-| ...you're kidding me!?

What's CEG?

Posted: Sunday, 22 Apr 2012, 15:23   Reply with quote
$#NOOB#$
[[Please login to see this link.]].

Posted: Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 12:33   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
$t@t!c_V()1D wrote:
$#NOOB#$
[[Please login to see this link.]].

I see, a type of DRM, Steam made.... ::)

Okay..looks like I need to get thos ncf files then...wait, though for Left 4 Dead 2, I've found some patch/crack and I'm not sure if it works or not or is virus/malware free, but do you think you can de-compile/ reverse engineer, or whatever you guys refer to as the technical term for analyzing an executable file, that's apparently Razor1911's one? :?: I think it extracted some random files from Left 4 dead 2, but when i try to execute it again, it says it's already patched, even though it doesn't even have Left 4 Dead 2 installed yet! I think I have to place this *(I would assume)self-extracting file together, in the folder, with the main exe where left4dead2.exe is in. If it turns out to be virus/malware infected, then I guess you'll have to do the hard work of compiling another one for me that's virus/malware free.

PS, I scanned with Kaspersky Pure, Malwarebytes AntiMalware and SuperAntiSpyware. Also used virustotal as an additional scanner, just to make sure. Apparently, Malwarebytes detected the *Razor1911.exe* as a trojan agent, some of the scanners in virustotal said it was also malware....but Pure and SuperAntiSpyware said nothing....

If you want to know, the files are: rzr-l4d2.7z which has in it: Razor1911.exe, rzr-init.exe and rzr-l4d2.nfo. The file size are: just over 30.331MB, 277KB, 30.201MB and 4KB respectively to those file names....

Those files have been re-scanned just to make sure it was just a mistake, malwarebytes still stick with that file at trojan agent...Hm, just did a scan now on that rzr-l4d2.7z file and virustotal showed a few trojans...site: [[Please login to see this link.]] Hmm, looks like the site backed up what Malwarebytes said about the file...[[Please login to see this link.]] And as for that rzr-init.exe file, nothing showed on any of my three scanners, same for Virustotal - [[Please login to see this link.]] Hm, this file sounds safe to execute....

I am not sure whether to put this patch/crack downloaded into my "safe files list to execute" or not...and if so, whether to actually execute the files on my prefer gaming PC....If you would like me to, state in your next post and I'll try to upload those files, if I can...otherwise, I guess you can download them from here: [[Please login to see this link.]] and it's the second one down in the download links...

Posted: Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 15:48   Reply with quote
$#NOOB#$
[[Please login to see this link.]]. IDK if it helps, but I got no newer.

Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next