10. alien_shooter_revisited_content 33111 requires an update. 0 -> 1
  11. Bullet Candy Content 6601 requires an update. 10 -> 11
  12. Company of Heroes content 2 4562 requires an update. 2 -> 6
  13. Company of Heroes content 3 4563 requires an update. 6 -> 10
  14. company of heroes content 4 9411 requires an update. 0 -> 1
  15. Darkest of Days base_depot 37701 requires an update. 1 -> 2
  16. DarkestHourClient 1282 requires an update. 2 -> 3
  17. Day of Defeat Source Base Content 301 requires an update. 39 -> 40
  18. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

[[Please login to see this link.]] [[Please login to see this link.]] Simbat's FTP
Please Use Simbat's FTP If you are missing only a few files. If they are not on there then ask for them in Update Request Thread.
Please Use The latest 7-Zip Beta to unpack my Releases.
Because of big files the Steamapps server is now on ftp only.
[[Please login to see this link.]]
My Steamapps Server

Post Post subject: Re: CFToolbox .Net with GCF Server   
Posted: Friday, 12 Feb 2010, 11:41   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
I'll try this on this weekend.

-- Edit --

I've got the same error...

-- Edit --

Hm... Also I keep getting an authentication rejection, though I've added a client ID to .cfg. In fact I don't understand how we are supposed to use this and what is the point? Will it download games from another hosts or something?

Posted: Tuesday, 16 Feb 2010, 15:21   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
I've been busy for the last few weeks so I am going to begin work on this again. I will post again when I have a new version :).

Free Steam account giveaway always on going! - [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Sunday, 21 Feb 2010, 20:15   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Interesting tool but unfortunately I couldn't fully test the tool since some functions didn't work for me

client:
1. why do I need to redownload CDR every time I try to check gcf's current version after restarting the tool? Should be enough with reloading the CDR that has been previously downloaded.

2. Remote Update menu was disabled. Not sure why but I have set the server detail correctly and was connected to the server and also added myself as admin

3. Create Update menu and Apply Update menu: I don't think that's necessary to ask users to specify New Cache File when they select gcf files from the local tab when they are creating update archive. Same goes to Old Cache Files in Apply Update menu

p.s: Could you centerize all the window in Tools menu eg create archive/create update etc?

Posted: Thursday, 25 Feb 2010, 08:45   Reply with quote
Maleko wrote:
Interesting tool but unfortunately I couldn't fully test the tool since some functions didn't work for me

client:
1. why do I need to redownload CDR every time I try to check gcf's current version after restarting the tool? Should be enough with reloading the CDR that has been previously downloaded.

2. Remote Update menu was disabled. Not sure why but I have set the server detail correctly and was connected to the server and also added myself as admin

3. Create Update menu and Apply Update menu: I don't think that's necessary to ask users to specify New Cache File when they select gcf files from the local tab when they are creating update archive. Same goes to Old Cache Files in Apply Update menu

p.s: Could you centerize all the window in Tools menu eg create archive/create update etc?

I agree with this :) also I will have a server upand running. so if you need small updates and such you can :) awaiting next relese :)

fpsrome.mine.nu:6128

[[Please login to see this link.]] [[Please login to see this link.]] Simbat's FTP
Please Use Simbat's FTP If you are missing only a few files. If they are not on there then ask for them in Update Request Thread.
Please Use The latest 7-Zip Beta to unpack my Releases.
Because of big files the Steamapps server is now on ftp only.
My Steamapps Server

Posted: Monday, 15 Mar 2010, 02:38   Reply with quote
I do have a new release coming up and I will fix the posted problems.

Sorry about the long wait, I've been busy. I'll release my newest build tomorrow, hopefully.

Free Steam account giveaway always on going! - [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Saturday, 27 Mar 2010, 21:37   Reply with quote
FpsRome wrote:
I agree with this :) also I will have a server upand running. so if you need small updates and such you can :) awaiting next relese :)

fpsrome.mine.nu:6128

You sure one can update his games from your server? 'Cuse the last time I tried I was as unsuccessfull as I am with women... Or perhaps someone can guide me through this?

Posted: Thursday, 15 Apr 2010, 13:11   Reply with quote
erix920 wrote:
I do have a new release coming up and I will fix the posted problems.

Sorry about the long wait, I've been busy. I'll release my newest build tomorrow, hopefully.

/pokes erix920. What's the update status? :8=)

Posted: Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 20:01   Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder, I've been very busy and sidetracked lately. This is not a small project and requires alot of time and thought in order to make it effecient. I'll try to work on it as much as I can, if I stop posting for a while just PM me and I'll get back to work (thanks maleko).

Edit: I have gotten back to work and am making good progress. I am finishing up the user registration system. This will allow for people to sign up for the network much like Steam does. The server operator will have the option to enable or disable the feature.

Posted: Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 07:47   Reply with quote
I've always been able to use programs pretty easily just by trial and error, but i cant get this working.
Under the Remote Steam tab i try search for something and it tells me to login, yet im connected to the server.
Also i keep getting 'file is in use by another program' errors for fileinfo.bin and files.txt. This doesnt make sense because it isnt.

All i want to do, is select a local file that has the status of outdated and tell it to update from the server. Yet all the update options all ask for archive folders and shit like that.

I feel rather stupid atm....

edit: i think the remote update command is what i want, but for some reason its greyed out.
I set the content server
I selected my steam folder and got a file list
I got the CDR
I connected to the content server and can see the remote file list.
However the remote update command is still greyed out.

In the remote file list i can select download file, but it has "Downloading file..." in the status bar, and "100% 0KB/s" there also. When i try and download another file it tells me that i cant because its already downloading something.

I would post a log file but logs.txt is empty. OS is Win7 Pro x64 with UAC off and the program set to run as administrator.
As i said, i feel stupid, but it feels like this program is easy to break if you dont do something right (no offense intended, i know how much coding work it is to get it to this stage)

Posted: Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 21:18   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
This looks awesome! I have been dreaming of a program like this for years! To be able to connect to all the other cracked steamers out there and share game files. No hassle of bittorrent, many file parts, broken update files, or large slow downloads that are in a billion parts from a site that only allows 1 download a day!

I can't wait till this is done :D

Posted: Saturday, 22 May 2010, 21:55   Reply with quote
miafruch, you are right, the last version I posted was easy to break. A program of this complexity is a pain in the ass to do myself. I'm trying to make a robust settings system from scratch so i'm doing a lot of trial and error runs right now. Along with that i'm thinking about security flaws with the authentication/registration systems. This is over 4500 lines of code now (using code metrics test in VS2010 so it's 6000+ with comments/whitespace).

bond304, yes I've been annoyed with broken links too. This system will be excellent when it is completed. The only downfall is if someone reports the host server's IP and gets it taken down. However, if this is used in a LAN situation there should be no problems at all.

Posted: Monday, 24 May 2010, 00:53   Reply with quote
All good then. Thanks for your hard work.

Would i be right to expect the final result will simply be able to be run by a client, type the server address and then be able to just hit update and get the latest files?

If so it'd be great at LANs, especially if the server supported updates given from clients also, if one client has an updated version or files which the server doesnt have.
In terms of security, you could disable client uploads, enable it for auth'd users only, or allow from all.

Personally i'd only be using this in a LAN environment (dont need it for getting GCF's off the net), it has good potential.

Posted: Tuesday, 25 May 2010, 21:25   Reply with quote
Yeah that's what I was planning. Client uploads would be very simply to implement. The problem like you said is security. Once it finishes transferring I could always run it through steamcooker's api and if I can get an app ID and version ID the app will know that the file is good.

The app will compare your version of the file to the server's version and if there's a need to update (could be client/server side update) a .archive package will be uploaded then .update file will be created to apply to an outdated file.

I do need another C++ developer with lots of experiance who can help me update my cpp wrapper as the other dev is away on work. Please PM/IM/Email me if you can help!!

Posted: Sunday, 27 Jun 2010, 19:30   Reply with quote
It would be nice to include the info in the first post inside the archives.

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next