Logo

CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Thursday, 19 Apr 2018, 14:24

English | Русский

Post Post subject: Re: SmartSteamEmu 1.4.3 - Steam game multiplayer without ste   
Posted: Monday, 26 Feb 2018, 20:06   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Would it be somehow possible to use the "Web Browser" from Steam inside SSE? Or just a plugin so the Game you start from SSE can acess also the Steam Web Browser?

Posted: Thursday, 01 Mar 2018, 14:13   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Just a stupid question:
I can't understand why I need to insert the AppID manually in SSELauncher even if there is a steam_appid.txt file in the .exe location that could be fetched automatically (or using a DB on the web).
Is there a reason for this behaviour?

Posted: Thursday, 01 Mar 2018, 16:20   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Could someone please provide me with a stellaris plugin for the newest version, or can someone explain to me how does one change the plugin settings for the SSE overlay so i can fondle it myself. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Friday, 02 Mar 2018, 16:27   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Does Project Cars 2 + dedicated server work with SSE?
I want to setup a LAN game next week with some friends and because there is no (or maybe a very bad) internet connection available.
The SteamWorksFix is a no go (we don't want to use Steam).

Posted: Friday, 02 Mar 2018, 16:59   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
vxvghkjxkycgh wrote:
Would it be somehow possible to use the "Web Browser" from Steam inside SSE? Or just a plugin so the Game you start from SSE can acess also the Steam Web Browser?

As far as there is no update nope, but you could use other overlay software that does the same parallel to SSE Overlay

lukeomatik wrote:
Just a stupid question:
I can't understand why I need to insert the AppID manually in SSELauncher even if there is a steam_appid.txt file in the .exe location that could be fetched automatically (or using a DB on the web).

The steam_appid.txt is not present in every game and sometimes modified to fit for another fix which depends on it. The DB method would need a server and alot of effort, since SteamDB fetching can temporarily ban your IP on too many requests. This is my guess.

stefan99j wrote:
Could someone please provide me with a stellaris plugin for the newest version, or can someone explain to me how does one change the plugin settings for the SSE overlay so i can fondle it myself. Thanks in advance!

What kind of plugin? Do you mean the SSE Configuration?

Kurtalis wrote:
I want to setup a LAN game next week with some friends and because there is no (or maybe a very bad) internet connection available.

I don´t see why not, but i will edit the post after i test it myself.

Posted: Friday, 02 Mar 2018, 17:01   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
@W4TCHD0GE: Thanks a lot!

Posted: Friday, 02 Mar 2018, 19:48   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
W4TCHD0GE wrote:
vxvghkjxkycgh wrote:

As far as there is no update nope, but you could use other overlay software that does the same parallel to SSE Overlay

lukeomatik wrote:
Just a stupid question:

The steam_appid.txt is not present in every game and sometimes modified to fit for another fix which depends on it. The DB method would need a server and alot of effort, since SteamDB fetching can temporarily ban your IP on too many requests. This is my guess.

stefan99j wrote:

Kurtalis wrote:

Yes, i think.

Posted: Friday, 02 Mar 2018, 21:07   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
W4TCHD0GE wrote:
vxvghkjxkycgh wrote:

lukeomatik wrote:
Just a stupid question:

stefan99j wrote:

Kurtalis wrote:

I've fetched the games directly from steam's web api, and it would be quite easy to implement tbh.
[[Please login to see this link.]]
If you cant filter it i can do it for you, just let me know :)

Posted: Friday, 02 Mar 2018, 21:30   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
W4TCHD0GE wrote:
vxvghkjxkycgh wrote:

Thank you for your answer. But which software do you mean? I´m only aware of SSE right now that runs a Steam App without Steam. Or is this a plugin you refering to?

Posted: Friday, 02 Mar 2018, 22:20   Reply with quote
vxvghkjxkycgh wrote:
Thank you for your answer. But which software do you mean? I´m only aware of SSE right now that runs a Steam App without Steam. Or is this a plugin you refering to?

I mean you could use other seperate overlay software, for example use SSE to play the game and additionally use something like Overwolf for the Web-Browser.

-- Edit --

stefan99j wrote:
Yes, i think.

Then here you go, put it in the folder with stellaris.exe and steamapi.dll.
And start with SmartSteamLoader.exe or SmartSteamLoader_x64.exe (as admin to ensure saving).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sunday, 04 Mar 2018, 15:54   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Does this support steam software? e.g: Soundpad

Posted: Sunday, 04 Mar 2018, 16:35   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
There is two games. The first one is called "Sky Rouge" and the second is "Beat Hazard".
For both there are many Workshop addons avaible. When you start one of the games, it loads all Workshop addons into the game, and does this everytime you start the game again. So i´m guessing it´s loading it´s addons into the game from the internet everytime you start the game.
Would it be possible to use this addons in SSE too?
The game themself work fine in SSE, but i don´t know how to activate this kind of addons then in it.

Posted: Sunday, 04 Mar 2018, 22:45   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
How can I add a game to SSE which has its steamapi in another folder than the main executable?

Posted: Sunday, 04 Mar 2018, 23:06   Reply with quote
Kaidenm wrote:
Does this support steam software? e.g: Soundpad

Depends on the software i think. Since most of the software rely on another form of check, like a licence or checks in the exe which are not only protect by SteamStub the probability of it working is pretty low.

vxvghkjxkycgh wrote:
There is two games. The first one is called "Sky Rouge" and the second is "Beat Hazard".
For both there are many Workshop addons avaible. When you start one of the games, it loads all Workshop addons into the game, and does this everytime you start the game again. So i´m guessing it´s loading it´s addons into the game from the internet everytime you start the game.
Would it be possible to use this addons in SSE too?
The game themself work fine in SSE, but i don´t know how to activate this kind of addons then in it.

There is no real support for Workshop content in SSE, it could be possible to do it manually though this is different from game to game.
I know that CreamAPI supports Workshop content, but don´t remember if SSE+CreamAPI combo worked out or not.

_sh4dow_ wrote:
How can I add a game to SSE which has its steamapi in another folder than the main executable?

Just like you normally do. If it does not work then you could grab the files from SSE (dlls,ini,loader) and put it in the folder with SteeamApi(64).dll to manually set up SSE with the option to specify where the exe is.

Posted: Friday, 09 Mar 2018, 22:19   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Added support for loading appid from steam_appid.txt file if it's supplied in the same folder as game executable in my tweaked launcher. It's rarely useful, but the option is there now to save a few clicks.
Check my signature for download link.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450 ... 454  Next