Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Wednesday, 18 Jul 2018, 23:00

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Re: Steam Content Packager [ver 2.9]   
Posted: Friday, 16 Jun 2017, 10:30   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
rui wrote:
McAule, try checking your settings file to see if the steam directory is correct. If everything appears to be okay, try deleting the file and make the tool generate a new one.

Woah, wtf? You're right. Somehow settings.ini went completely blank. So I had to delete the file so that an app generated a new one. How did this happened and what caused it? Any ideas?

Posted: Friday, 16 Jun 2017, 10:31   Reply with quote
^It happened to me once too, I have no idea why. That's why I suggested you to check your settings.ini file :D

Anyway, glad it's working now mate. Cheers

• Looking for a recent scene release? Check the scenegames section in [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Friday, 16 Jun 2017, 11:00   Reply with quote
^ Hmm... Interesting, this might be linked to an app going nutty, or maybe it happened when steam updated or Steam guard updated and that made an app reset? Can't come up to any other ideas. Anyways, cheers mate, I've learned my lesson now. Backup has been made ;)

Posted: Friday, 16 Jun 2017, 12:56   Reply with quote
McAule wrote:
^ Hmm... Interesting, this might be linked to an app going nutty, or maybe it happened when steam updated or Steam guard updated and that made an app reset? Can't come up to any other ideas. Anyways, cheers mate, I've learned my lesson now. Backup has been made ;)

only reason i can think that this would happen is if the app crashed while it was saving the settings.

Posted: Wednesday, 02 Aug 2017, 18:27   Reply with quote
^ So could you implement preventive measures? Like making of a backup .ini files etc. automatically? Also if an app could check if all of them files are working as supposed to? Like an upon-launch verification of sorts? Also if an app crashed a some kind report or log would be nice of what happened. Something like that basically :)

-Edit-

I've updated my batch file.

Basically, what it additionally does is it asks for what type of package you want SCP or Normal. By choosing SCP it does everything that's needed for SCS content. By choosing Normal it removes all files for created for SCS (depot, bbcode, depotcache, password and time from a zip file, date is left intact) and just makes a normal zip for Main forum uploads.

Also, there are 2 versions:
1. With a pop-up screen.
Basically when batch file finishes zipping process a pop-up screen shows up saying that packaging process is finished. Good for longer packaging processes, because you can do something else meanwhile and when it'll pop up you know it finished it's job (might be annoying sometimes though).

2. Without pop-up screen.
Self explanatory.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Monday, 07 Aug 2017, 21:03   Reply with quote
Thanks for the very useful tool SyntheticEthics :)
I've encountered a problem however. The application crashes when starting the queue on certain games (for example, Braid, Defcon). It seems the error occurs during log creation, here's the event log:
Spoiler
Application: Steam Content Packager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NotSupportedException
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(System.String)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.QuickDemand(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermissionAccess, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(System.String, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(System.String)
at SteamContentPackager.UI.Controls.Logger.StartNewLog(System.String)
at SteamContentPackager.Tasks.PackageTask+<Run>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at SteamContentPackager.UI.Controls.TaskList+<RunTask>d__15.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

I haven't been able to determine what causes it specifically however, input would certainly be appreciated.
The exception seems to point to invalid characters being present in the String parameter being passed to StartNewLog but that doesn't seem to be the case for the afflicted games :/

EDIT: Clearly I haven't had enough coffee cause it was fairly obvious :laughing:
The String being passed to StartNewLog is taken from the game's .acf, speficially the "installdir" entry. For some reason I have some games with the absolute directory path in there instead of the relative path, this caused the illegal character exception. An easy solution for this would be to use the "name" entry for the log file instead.
As to why those games have the full directory path... well, I suspect it is because they use an older .acf version since it seems to be mostly limited to older games I have installed.
A quick search and replace should take care of that hopefully :)

Oh and the application also crashes if Generate BBCode is enabled and the application is denied access to the internet :)

― Terry Pratchett

Posted: Tuesday, 08 Aug 2017, 09:53   Reply with quote
Nimryel wrote:
Thanks for the very useful tool SyntheticEthics :)
I've encountered a problem however. The application crashes when starting the queue on certain games (for example, Braid, Defcon). It seems the error occurs during log creation, here's the event log:
Spoiler
Application: Steam Content Packager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NotSupportedException
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(System.String)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.QuickDemand(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermissionAccess, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(System.String, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(System.String)
at SteamContentPackager.UI.Controls.Logger.StartNewLog(System.String)
at SteamContentPackager.Tasks.PackageTask+<Run>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at SteamContentPackager.UI.Controls.TaskList+<RunTask>d__15.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

I haven't been able to determine what causes it specifically however, input would certainly be appreciated.
The exception seems to point to invalid characters being present in the String parameter being passed to StartNewLog but that doesn't seem to be the case for the afflicted games :/

EDIT: Clearly I haven't had enough coffee cause it was fairly obvious :laughing:
The String being passed to StartNewLog is taken from the game's .acf, speficially the "installdir" entry. For some reason I have some games with the absolute directory path in there instead of the relative path, this caused the illegal character exception. An easy solution for this would be to use the "name" entry for the log file instead.
As to why those games have the full directory path... well, I suspect it is because they use an older .acf version since it seems to be mostly limited to older games I have installed.
A quick search and replace should take care of that hopefully :)

Oh and the application also crashes if Generate BBCode is enabled and the application is denied access to the internet :)

the reason I use installDir instead of name is because name can contain illegal path characters and installDir should never since it's used to create the directory. Simple solution will be to just check if the path is absolute or not and using just the directory name if it is.
As for the the crash if it's not connected to the internet. i never thought anyone would try to package games for upload without an internet connection haha.
Many thanks for basically doing my job for me and figuring out the cause. I really appreciate it. I've got a whole bunch of stuff i'm working on at the moment so i'll get round to fixing things when i've got a chance.

Posted: Tuesday, 08 Aug 2017, 14:51   Reply with quote
Filtering out illegal characters is always a good idea regardless, just in case something stupid like this happens :)
But yeah, when you have the time just do a check if the string contains, for example, "steamapps\\common\\" (note the escape characters are actually included in the .acf), and just trim it to the string after common\\. Since I am the first one to encounter this issue so far (due to several really old installations of games) it's not really a high priority fix, it's also easily solved locally with Find & Replace anyway.
Of course I was connected to the internet, it's just that I operate a firewall on a whitelist rather than a blacklist so I encountered that crash when I first tried your tool :)
No problem, I know the feeling of working on too many projects at once quite well ::D And thanks again for the very useful tool!

― Terry Pratchett

Posted: Monday, 21 Aug 2017, 14:44   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
Nice tool indeed, but a feature i would like to see is to add AppIDs and depots manually. My problem with the system at the time is that, i tried packing Mafia II and it only had 1 depot installed and only packed this one. So it was packed properly but ofcourse not working at all, because every other Depot was missing. Also it would help because one could choose to additionally share Mac and Linux depots.
Thanks for the effort put in this program. Have a great day/night

Posted: Monday, 21 Aug 2017, 15:13   Reply with quote
I've never tested it, but in theory if you add the manifests and manifest id to your acf, the tool should be able to validate the correspondent files and pack them.

Of course that would require you to use steam console (or other depot downloader tools) to get the .manifest + files you wanted beforehand.

The tool itself only downloads missing .manifest files, and files that fail the manifest validation: commonly CEG exes that are not packed, but replaced by the original untouched ones directly from steam instead

How did you have ONLY 1 depot for Mafia II btw? The game content itself without DLCs is divided in several depots...

• Looking for a recent scene release? Check the scenegames section in [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Monday, 21 Aug 2017, 16:19   Reply with quote
Rui wrote:
I've never tested it, but in theory if you add the manifests and manifest id to your acf, the tool should be able to validate the correspondent files and pack them.

Of course that would require you to use steam console (or other depot downloader tools) to get the .manifest + files you wanted beforehand.

The tool itself only downloads missing .manifest files, and files that fail the manifest validation: commonly CEG exes that are not packed, but replaced by the original untouched ones directly from steam instead

How did you have ONLY 1 depot for Mafia II btw? The game content itself without DLCs is divided in several depots...

Well since i mostly use TINServer, i have to add the game again. I did not have Mafia II installed so i used the tool TINcft to download all the necessary depots to run the game. Then i tried to download it via TINClient and the depot 50134 was corrupt so i select to update only this depot with TINcft and it removed every other entry from the ACF so it only did pack the file from this depot. :ROFL:

So after adding every other depot under installed depots in the acf (mounted depots made no difference) it downloads now all the other files.
This is why i would like the feature to tick depots and manifest which should be downloaded/shared.

Posted: Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017, 08:17   Reply with quote
Hey mate, I'm not ever going to add support to choose depots, that's only going to lead to problems. As i'm sure i've mentioned here before. the goal of this tool is to pack clean steam files. If depots were optional then people would screw it up and upload the wrong stuff. If you aren't using clean files from a clean install of steam then this tool isn't really made for you.
It's main purpose is to help out the people uploading stuff for the steam content sharing section on a regular basis. I think just using winrar or 7zip to pack game files will work just fine for you

Posted: Saturday, 07 Oct 2017, 11:25   Reply with quote
Hey,

i updated my script.

Have a look:
http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1392640#p1392640

Posted: Saturday, 07 Oct 2017, 11:43   Reply with quote
thanks mate. Glad you used your old post, that means I don't need to update the OP ;)

Posted: Wednesday, 03 Jan 2018, 21:19   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
I'm trying to add my steam directory of "E:\Games\steamapps\" and it is saying it's not valid.

Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next