Logo

CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Make sure the URL in your address bar starts with the correct domain!
It is currently Saturday, 22 Sep 2018, 01:11

English | Русский

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Steam beta must be running, after playing non-steam method   
Posted: Sunday, 13 Jul 2014, 13:40   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Hey, don't know if this was answered somewhere, searched around with no answers.

I was playing Payday 2(Great game ::D ) using a RVTFiX. After playing, decided to play css, which i own. i get 'Steam beta must be running'. Quick solution is to restart steam.

this seems to happen for a lot of the non-steam programs for many other games, and I'm wondering what is happening, and is it safe to have a legit acc logged in?

Last edited by davidkey on Sunday, 13 Jul 2014, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Post Post subject: Re: Steam beta must be running, after playing non-steam meth   
Posted: Sunday, 13 Jul 2014, 14:02   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
The emu you mentioned might overwrite steam Process identifier (PID) with its own PID on registry, when you close the game, it doesn't set back to steam PID. When starting the game, the game try to find the steam but found emu PID which no longer exists on process list.

It shouldn't harm your account... but to be on safe side, don't use steam when playing with emu.

Donate - 1MYYTuuUHAHsgyr5qJnk6dYoUX12nEZTut
SmartSteamEmu - LAN/Online Multiplayer and lobby support for steam's games!
1 2 [[Please login to see this link.]]

Last edited by syahmixp on Saturday, 18 August 2018 1:14, edited 3145553 times in total.

Posted: Sunday, 13 Jul 2014, 14:08   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
I do get lazy to have to logout and log back in for 1 game.

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday, 13 Jul 2014, 14:35   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
In that case, you might find this handy...

1. @echo off
  2. rem Created by syahmixp
  4. set process=steam.exe
  5. set steamclientdll=YOUR_STEAM_PATH\steamclient.dll
  6. set steamclientdll64=YOUR_STEAM_PATH\steamclient64.dll
  9. for /f "tokens=2" %%i in ('tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq %process%" 2^>nul') do set PID=%%i
  11. echo Setting PID to %PID%
  13. reg add HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess /v pid /t REG_DWORD /d %PID% /f
  14. reg add HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess /v SteamClientDll /t REG_SZ /d "%steamclientdll%" /f
  15. reg add HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess /v SteamClientDll64 /t REG_SZ /d "%steamclientdll64%" /f

Just save somewhare as RestoreSteamPID.bat and execute once after playing with emu. No need to restart steam.

Donate - 1MYYTuuUHAHsgyr5qJnk6dYoUX12nEZTut
SmartSteamEmu - LAN/Online Multiplayer and lobby support for steam's games!
1 2 [[Please login to see this link.]]

Last edited by syahmixp on Saturday, 18 August 2018 1:14, edited 3145553 times in total.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]