Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Wednesday, 15 Aug 2018, 08:04

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Post Post subject: World in Flames - Matrix Games   
Posted: Saturday, 19 Aug 2017, 21:17   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Hey guys,

after looking with google on the internet I found this forum here, where a lot of wargamer titles are available (thank you for that). Unfortunately I couldn't find the title I was looking for. It is a board game which was done for PC by Matrix Games in 2013. If it wouldn't be so expensive I would even buy it. Maybe someone in your community can help me with this title. Thank you :)

[[Please login to see this link.]]

EDIT:

World in Flames was released in 2013 by Matrix Games. It's not (yet) on steam. It is a turn based strategy game developed by Australian Design Group and it is originally a board game from the mid 2000s. The game itself is set in the period of World War II as you can control the Axis or the Allies factions to decide the Fate of the World.

[[Please login to see this link.]]

Last edited by lordofgalaxy on Sunday, 20 Aug 2017, 01:09, edited 2 times in total.

Post Post subject: Re: World in Flames - Matrix Games   
Posted: Saturday, 19 Aug 2017, 22:33   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
It would be nice if you could provide a little more info about the game in your OP, and not just link the web address for the game. Check other OPs for other games to see how people do it. Thanks in advance.

• Bookmark [[Please login to see this link.]] to stay informed during downtimes
  • Looking for a recent scene release? Check the scenegames section in [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Sunday, 20 Aug 2017, 00:07   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Ok, I'll try my best to meet the standards, just tell me if you need any additional info.

Here's the description from the developers site:

World in Flames is Matrix Games’ computer version of Australian Design Group’s classic board game. Covering both the European and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II, World in Flames is global in scope while simulating each branch of service in detail. Land units are corps and army level, supplemented with specialized divisions. Naval units include individual counters for every carrier, battleship, cruiser, and light cruiser in the war. Using 1000+ unique bitmapped images, air units represent groups of 250 to 500 airplanes. With 6000+ unique units, 250+ countries, and a global map of 70,200 hexes, World in Flames is the premier World War II grand strategy game.

Harry Rowland, Game Designer of the original World in Flames boardgame, said: "ADG have produced some high quality games over the years but nothing compares to the top-notch components included in World in Flames: the computer game. It includes 24 full-colour maps, and 3 hard-covered books of over 600 pages, a real collector's gem".

Nine of the eleven scenarios from Australian Design Group’s World in Flames Final Edition are included, and they range from the small 5 turn Barbarossa offensive in Russia and the 5 turn Guadalcanal battle in the Pacific, through to the 36 turn Global War campaign which spans all of Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Atlantic, and the Pacific. You can play either the Axis or the Allied side or take the role of one of the 8 major powers. Besides solitaire and head-to-head, you can play over the Internet. The last mode of play is for two players, Axis versus Allies.

In addition to the full set of rules from World in Flames, Final Edition, there are 58 optional rules. Australian Design Group’s expansion modules Ships in Flames and Planes in Flames are incorporated into the basic game, but the inclusion of other expansion modules, such as Mech in Flames, Carrier Planes in Flames, and Cruisers in Flames, depends on which optional rules are selected.

This simulation models national production from conveying raw resources to factories using rail lines and overseas pipelines for producing infantry, armor, naval, and air combat units. Because oil was so important during World War II, there are separate optional rules for synthetic oil plants and deployment of oil reserves to the front lines.

Game units represent armies and corps, aircraft carriers, naval task forces, and air groups that took part in World War II. Everything you need to re-fight the greatest conflict in history is provided in World in Flames. The players make the strategic decisions that decide the fate of nations. What forces to produce, where to commit them, when and how? No two games of World in Flames play the same, no strategy is foolproof, any decision may have unforeseen, long-term consequences.

Posted: Sunday, 20 Aug 2017, 00:36   Reply with quote
Looks nice, thanks a lot for improving the description. You can add all that text to the first post; if you added a couple of screenshots to make it even more appealing, eventually a gameplay video from youtube, I'd say it would become a perfect OP.

• Looking for a recent scene release? Check the scenegames section in [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Sunday, 20 Aug 2017, 01:10   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
I've updated the first post with some pics and a video link (couldn't implement it as a shared video). Thx and greetings :)

Posted: Sunday, 20 Aug 2017, 13:27   Reply with quote
Looks much better, thank you for your work. Hopefully someone who owns the game will be able to share the original files.

Posted: Sunday, 20 Aug 2017, 22:41   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Well I hope so, too. This game on PC is very rare, but I loved the boardgame, which I played twice some years ago. The price (91 €) is insane.....so if anyone has it I'd really appreciate a PN or a link to a source. :)

Posted: Monday, 21 Aug 2017, 09:39   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
It's not as quite as rare as you might think :lol: ....

Spoiler
https://tinyurl.com/y9k2xmyp

You'll need 7zip to extract the archive and the password is the usual one for this site.

Install instruction included. Be patient - it takes a damn long time to install (30 mins +).

Enjoy.

Posted: Monday, 21 Aug 2017, 09:54   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Wow, thank you so much that came unexpected to me that anyone had the game so quick (or let's say I didn't expect any positive answer). I'm very happy, thank you for your help @all and special thanks to slackhead ! :)

Posted: Monday, 21 Aug 2017, 12:06   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Glad to be of service ::)

Posted: Monday, 21 Aug 2017, 16:25   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Did this game ever reached a proper working state...??

Posted: Monday, 21 Aug 2017, 17:38   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
It works pretty well with recent updates. Still a work in progress with fairly regular updates - you can grab beta updates from web site.

However, there is no AI - so you can only play against other human players (or solo). It does have a system for net play which works OK.

Posted: Saturday, 26 May 2018, 03:21   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
hi could anyone please post a link to download if they have one please or pm me

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]