It is currently Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018, 11:57

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Re: Farmer's (Farmers) Dynasty   
Posted: Wednesday, 03 Jan 2018, 05:56   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
MrTeejay wrote:
ZombieBoy wrote:
So hesitant to try this game out because of the game trailer. Makes the game look like a poor version of FS17 with some extras.

How have others found the game?

Depends on what you value more to be honest. This game features a number of role-playing elements, such as sleeping to pass the time, rebuilding the farm for aesthetics and so-called 'social points'
which you can spend lowering prices of new machinery. Fishing will be a thing, food is too. You can start a family apparently with added benefits etc.etc.

FS17 is just raw progression, do some lucrative contracts, buy new stuff and use it to make more money to buy more things to ... etc.
You need to have more patience in this game as things don't come that easy.

If you are, however, not convinced it would be worthy of your time and perhaps money in the future, I would highly suggest you wait for the game to mature.
There are too many bugs that hinder progress and too many features missing to have a solid experience of what the game might offer in the future.

Thanks for the helpful input here! I am definitely interested in the pitch this game has to offer regarding the role-playing aspects. I had always thought a Sims style aspect of the Farming Simulator would be nice, however it doesn't seem polished enough to my liking yet so I will probably wait as you have suggested for the game to mature and then give it a try. I will continue to follow the updates here :). Thanks again!

Posted: Wednesday, 03 Jan 2018, 18:40   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
Small Update V.055 ( no cracked ) wait of CS , he make it :=)

1. [[Please login to see this link.]]
  2. [[Please login to see this link.]]

V.054 is requirement

Posted: Thursday, 04 Jan 2018, 20:18   Reply with quote
Proud Servant of RIN
^^Thank you, here're my cracks for the new build. ;)

[[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Thursday, 04 Jan 2018, 20:26   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
ZombieBoy wrote:
Thanks for the helpful input here! I am definitely interested in the pitch this game has to offer regarding the role-playing aspects. I had always thought a Sims style aspect of the Farming Simulator would be nice, however it doesn't seem polished enough to my liking yet so I will probably wait as you have suggested for the game to mature and then give it a try. I will continue to follow the updates here :). Thanks again!

It's great for a laugh, it really is, lol!

Every character sounds like Stephen Hawking, and everything can be fixed with a hammer :ROFL: ::D

Posted: Thursday, 04 Jan 2018, 21:41   Reply with quote
For me game is good even better than FS17 in some point which in those years stiil not have a field/ground physics. Yeah voice acting is one big WTF but game was made by small developer not big as EA, R* or Ubi$hit. Game runs good, devs are pretty active with community and will se what's gonna be in future.

Thanks CS

Posted: Thursday, 04 Jan 2018, 23:25   Reply with quote
kattsu wrote:
For me game is good even better than FS17 in some point which in those years stiil not have a field/ground physics. Yeah voice acting is one big WTF but game was made by small developer not big as EA, R* or Ubi$hit. Game runs good, devs are pretty active with community and will se what's gonna be in future.

Thanks CS

So is the farming in this game actually good? You're saying the field work physics is better than FS17?

Posted: Friday, 05 Jan 2018, 00:26   Reply with quote
ZombieBoy wrote:
kattsu wrote:

Thanks CS

So is the farming in this game actually good? You're saying the field work physics is better than FS17?

In my opinion - yes. In FS 17 while plowing you have only shit flat textures ,in FD there are grooves and terrain changing if you ride on it. You can see here:

There is a seasons like system (winter not included, game skipped to 1st April after 30 septmber) so you can harvest your crops only one time in year, also there are couple of things you do by hand like gathering straw balles and milking cows like in real farm cause farm = not only vehicles.

FS 17 it's a game about growing and selling grains to buy more stuff, FD it's a game about life on a farm.

Posted: Friday, 05 Jan 2018, 00:53   Reply with quote
kattsu wrote:
ZombieBoy wrote:
kattsu wrote:

Thanks CS

In my opinion - yes. In FS 17 while plowing you have only shit flat textures ,in FD there are grooves and terrain changing if you ride on it. You can see here:

There is a seasons like system (winter not included, game skipped to 1st April after 30 septmber) so you can harvest your crops only one time in year, also there are couple of things you do by hand like gathering straw balles and milking cows like in real farm cause farm = not only vehicles.

FS 17 it's a game about growing and selling grains to buy more stuff, FD it's a game about life on a farm.

Wow watching that video it looks like doing field work could definitely take a while. Would be neat if you could eventually have an AI style thing to do it for you. Such as having someone else in the family doing the work or hiring a hand to do it.

I really want a game that's an updated version of John Deere American Farmer. I loved that game. I enjoyed being able to manage a farm from more the management perspective and the top down view, rather than being so RPG like and controlling everything. Haven't seem to been able to find a modern version of a game like it.

Posted: Monday, 08 Jan 2018, 09:30   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
New Update V.056 ( no Crack ) wait CS

Posted: Monday, 08 Jan 2018, 10:41   Reply with quote
ZombieBoy wrote:
Wow watching that video it looks like doing field work could definitely take a while. Would be neat if you could eventually have an AI style thing to do it for you. Such as having someone else in the family doing the work or hiring a hand to do it.

I will say the field work does take a lot of time, with the starting equipment anyway.
And as you hoped; they have claimed you will be able to pay others to do fieldwork for you once you have enough reputation with the AI characters. (not in the game currently)
Of course getting the reputation up will take a while so the game does require some time commitment but I can argue FS17 takes time as well.

What I find most strange in this game is how you can barely earn the social points needed to get even the most basic of equipment at the store and that you "spend" the social points.
If this was an RPG how does my discount for a tractor cost me my characters social status with others in this map.
I'd say they should require you to make friends with the dealer(s) over a long period of time and get a discount with him directly
instead of using points from doing conversations/jobs from other people that have nothing to do with the dealership.

Thanks to Black Poseidon and Chris for enabling us to discuss the game like this :DRINK:

Posted: Monday, 08 Jan 2018, 17:52   Reply with quote
MrTeejay wrote:
ZombieBoy wrote:

I will say the field work does take a lot of time, with the starting equipment anyway.
And as you hoped; they have claimed you will be able to pay others to do fieldwork for you once you have enough reputation with the AI characters. (not in the game currently)
Of course getting the reputation up will take a while so the game does require some time commitment but I can argue FS17 takes time as well.

What I find most strange in this game is how you can barely earn the social points needed to get even the most basic of equipment at the store and that you "spend" the social points.
If this was an RPG how does my discount for a tractor cost me my characters social status with others in this map.
I'd say they should require you to make friends with the dealer(s) over a long period of time and get a discount with him directly
instead of using points from doing conversations/jobs from other people that have nothing to do with the dealership.

Thanks to Black Poseidon and Chris for enabling us to discuss the game like this :DRINK:

Ah I see, that will be nice when that comes! I like to handle the farms from the larger scales usually and hand off jobs to people and manage it like a boss rather than the worker kinda thing. So I'll probably wait till they add that to try out the game. It is interesting that they do the points that way for spending. I guess if you look at it like say some of the people you meet know the dealer can pull a favour and get you a discount then maybe it makes sense how the discounts work?

Posted: Monday, 08 Jan 2018, 18:05   Reply with quote
Proud Servant of RIN
Black Poseidon wrote:
New Update V.056 ( no Crack ) wait CS

Many thanks my friend, here're my cracks for the new build. ;)

Posted: Monday, 08 Jan 2018, 18:06   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
Great work all, thanks

Posted: Monday, 08 Jan 2018, 18:38   Reply with quote
ZombieBoy wrote:
It is interesting that they do the points that way for spending. I guess if you look at it like say some of the people you meet know the dealer can pull a favour and get you a discount then maybe it makes sense how the discounts work?

Yes that could make sense indeed. It is, after all, a small village type of world so it could mean everyone knows .. everyone. I guess I can live with that :)
And I understand what you mean in regards to being the boss of the farm, it is probably why I've done some silly farming app's on mobile as it kind of means you run the show
and you have to figure out an efficient business strategy instead of just do all the work haha. But I truly feel this game does have good potential, it's just not there.. yet. In my opinion naturally.

Posted: Monday, 08 Jan 2018, 19:00   Reply with quote
MrTeejay wrote:
ZombieBoy wrote:
It is interesting that they do the points that way for spending. I guess if you look at it like say some of the people you meet know the dealer can pull a favour and get you a discount then maybe it makes sense how the discounts work?

Yes that could make sense indeed. It is, after all, a small village type of world so it could mean everyone knows .. everyone. I guess I can live with that :)
And I understand what you mean in regards to being the boss of the farm, it is probably why I've done some silly farming app's on mobile as it kind of means you run the show
and you have to figure out an efficient business strategy instead of just do all the work haha. But I truly feel this game does have good potential, it's just not there.. yet. In my opinion naturally.

Do you have any suggestions of good games that have that business/management side more for farming (or I guess any category?). You mentioned some mobile ones, I'd be interested to hear if there were any good ones, or you know of any on PC?

I look forward to this game hopefully progressing more because it does seem a bit more up my alley than FS17. In FS17 I would end up modding it with CoursePlay so that I could really automate my game and make it so that I am more in a managing the farm kind of position.

Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next