Cool members bookmark the index page.
It is currently Monday, 20 Aug 2018, 11:26

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Re: Vampyr   
Posted: Friday, 15 Jun 2018, 03:50   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
lordkain wrote:
What really bothers me about this game is its save system. It saves everything automatically in one slot... So, if you make a mistake, there's no way to go back. I had to start over cause i screwed some of the hints due to bad dialogue options...
Since I wanted to be able to make mistakes and go back to a previous save, i created this little AHK script that allows me to have infinite saves.

Spoiler
  2. #NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
  3. #Warn ; Recommended for catching common errors.
  4. SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
  6. ^F4::
  7. Msgbox, Quickload
  8. Filecopy, d:\Games\Vampyr\AVGame\SaveGames\*.sav, c:\Users\Me\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\, 1
  9. return
  11. ^F5::
  12. MsgBox, Quicksave
  13. FolderName:=A_Now
  14. FileCreateDir, d:\Games\Vampyr\AVGame\SaveGames\%FolderName%
  15. Filecopy, c:\Users\Me\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\GameSave*.sav, d:\Games\Vampyr\AVGame\SaveGames\%FolderName%\
  16. Filecopy, c:\Users\Me\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\GameSave*.sav, d:\Games\Vampyr\AVGame\SaveGames\, 1
  17. return

Ctrl-F5 will save the current game status. I usually save before talking to a character, in case i screw something up. This option creates a new folder for every save.
Ctrl-F4 will load the last game saved with F5. (if you want an older savegame, you'll need to find it manually in the correct folder). To make it work, you need to return to menu, and use the Quickload option to replace the current save.

*You'll also need to modify the folders with the right ones.

Thanks mate. I took the liberty of editing it and adding some tips to make the script more user friendly.

Spoiler
  2. ; SCRIPT MADE BY lordkain @ CS.RIN.RU
  3. ; MODIFICATIONS AND TIPS BY thyaguster @ CS.RIN.RU
  4. #NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
  5. #Warn ; Recommended for catching common errors.
  6. SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
  8. windowsuser = thaguster                     ;   <--- ENTER YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME
  9. gamelocation = C:\Jogos\Vampyr\AVGame   ;   <--- ENTER YOUR AVGAME FOLDER LOCATION
  11. ^F4::               ; !YOU CAN CHANGE THE QUICKLOAD HOTKEY HERE
  12. Msgbox, Quickload   ; !DELETE THIS WHOLE LINE IF YOU DON'T WANT QUICKLOAD MESSAGE POPING
  13. Filecopy, %gamelocation%\SaveGames\*.sav, c:\Users\%windowsuser%\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\, 1
  14. return
  16. ^F5::               ; !YOU CAN CHANGE THE QUICKSAVE HOTKEY HERE
  17. MsgBox, Quicksave   ; !DELETE THIS WHOLE LINE IF YOU DON'T WANT QUICKSAVE MESSAGE POPING
  18. FolderName:=A_Now
  19. FileCreateDir, %gamelocation%\SaveGames\%FolderName%
  20. Filecopy, c:\Users\%windowsuser%\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\GameSave*.sav, %gamelocation%\SaveGames\%FolderName%\
  21. Filecopy, c:\Users\%windowsuser%\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\GameSave*.sav, %gamelocation%\SaveGames\, 1
  22. return

Posted: Sunday, 17 Jun 2018, 00:48   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
thyaguster wrote:
lordkain wrote:
What really bothers me about this game is its save system. It saves everything automatically in one slot... So, if you make a mistake, there's no way to go back. I had to start over cause i screwed some of the hints due to bad dialogue options...
Since I wanted to be able to make mistakes and go back to a previous save, i created this little AHK script that allows me to have infinite saves.

Spoiler
  2. #NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
  4. SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
  7. Msgbox, Quickload
  8. Filecopy, d:\Games\Vampyr\AVGame\SaveGames\*.sav, c:\Users\Me\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\, 1
  9. return
  12. MsgBox, Quicksave
  15. Filecopy, c:\Users\Me\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\GameSave*.sav, d:\Games\Vampyr\AVGame\SaveGames\%FolderName%\
  16. Filecopy, c:\Users\Me\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\GameSave*.sav, d:\Games\Vampyr\AVGame\SaveGames\, 1
  17. return

Ctrl-F5 will save the current game status. I usually save before talking to a character, in case i screw something up. This option creates a new folder for every save.
Ctrl-F4 will load the last game saved with F5. (if you want an older savegame, you'll need to find it manually in the correct folder). To make it work, you need to return to menu, and use the Quickload option to replace the current save.

Thanks mate. I took the liberty of editing it and adding some tips to make the script more user friendly.

Spoiler
  4. #NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
  6. SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
  8. windowsuser = thaguster                     ;   <--- ENTER YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME
  9. gamelocation = C:\Jogos\Vampyr\AVGame   ;   <--- ENTER YOUR AVGAME FOLDER LOCATION
  12. Msgbox, Quickload   ; !DELETE THIS WHOLE LINE IF YOU DON'T WANT QUICKLOAD MESSAGE POPING
  13. Filecopy, %gamelocation%\SaveGames\*.sav, c:\Users\%windowsuser%\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\, 1
  14. return
  17. MsgBox, Quicksave   ; !DELETE THIS WHOLE LINE IF YOU DON'T WANT QUICKSAVE MESSAGE POPING
  20. Filecopy, c:\Users\%windowsuser%\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\GameSave*.sav, %gamelocation%\SaveGames\%FolderName%\
  21. Filecopy, c:\Users\%windowsuser%\appdata\Local\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames\GameSave*.sav, %gamelocation%\SaveGames\, 1
  22. return

Good job mate, thx. Could of done with it myself a few days ago but very helpful for people who've never used scripts.

Posted: Sunday, 17 Jun 2018, 13:29   Reply with quote
Anyone with Fitgirls repack know where the UE4Prequisite setup is located? Didnt find it in the redditst

Posted: Sunday, 17 Jun 2018, 13:38   Reply with quote
Dudedude666fps wrote:
Anyone with Fitgirls repack know where the UE4Prequisite setup is located? Didnt find it in the redditst

Look for Redist folder? And btw RIN is NOT a Support board for her repacks, go to her website and ask her ;]

Posted: Sunday, 17 Jun 2018, 13:44   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
Or just search for "UE4prereq" in the game folder to find it? :?
Here it is either way: [[Please login to see this link.]]

Posted: Sunday, 17 Jun 2018, 14:27   Reply with quote
asdf.qwerty wrote:
Or just search for "UE4prereq" in the game folder to find it? :?
Here it is either way: [[Please login to see this link.]]

Thanks For the link! But I couldnt find it though, only files inside was the vcreditlist 2015 and the one for netframework.

And yeah I did ask there and she replied saying that it was optional, I assumed it would of been bundled in the redlist folder. Perhaps its just my blind sightedness lol but thanks for the fast support guys really appreciate it:)

Posted: Sunday, 17 Jun 2018, 15:07   Reply with quote
they're optional as in "you probably have this shit installed already"

Posted: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2018, 04:30   Reply with quote

Posted: Friday, 22 Jun 2018, 16:25   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
thyaguster wrote:
lordkain wrote:

Spoiler
  7. Msgbox, Quickload
  9. return
  12. MsgBox, Quicksave
  17. return

Spoiler
  14. return
  22. return
I have also further modified the script and made a few modifications:
  • Added toggle for showing message and creating backups
  • Changed default quickload hotkey to F9 and dropped the CTRL modifiers
  • Automated the setup process by using environment variables (No need to insert user-specific game paths, username etc.)
  • Changed default quicksave directory to %TEMP%\vampyr_quicksave
  • Script only runs when AVGame-Win64-Shipping.exe is on the foreground
Spoiler
  1. ; SCRIPT MADE BY lordkain @ CS.RIN.RU
  2. ; MODIFICATIONS AND TIPS BY thyaguster & nullified @ CS.RIN.RU
  3. #NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
  4. #Warn ; Recommended for catching common errors.
  5. SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
  7. ; Environment variables
  8. EnvGet, TEMP, TEMP                  ; C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp
  9. EnvGet, LOCALAPPDATA, LOCALAPPDATA  ; C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
  11. ; User variables (Can be changed)
  12. quickSaveDir := TEMP "\vampyr_quicksave"        ; Quicksave directory
  13. bShowMessage := false                           ; Useful for debugging purposes, change to true if you want to see a message when quicksaving/quickloading
  14. bCreateBackup := true                           ; Backup saves before quicksave
  15. executableName := "AVGame-Win64-Shipping.exe"   ; Executable name
  17. ; Game-specific variables (Do not change)
  18. saveDir := LOCALAPPDATA "\AVGame\Saved\SaveGames"   ; Game saves directory
  20. #If WinActive("ahk_exe" executableName) ; Only active when the executable window is on the foreground
  21. F9::    ; Quickload hotkey
  22.     if FileExist(quickSaveDir . "\*.sav") {
  23.         Filecopy, %quickSaveDir%\*.sav, %saveDir%\, 1
  24.         if (bShowMessage)
  25.             Msgbox, Quickload successful.
  26.     }
  27.     return
  29. F5::    ; Quicksave hotkey
  30.     if !FileExist(quickSaveDir)
  31.         FileCreateDir, %quickSaveDir%
  32.     if (bCreateBackup)
  33.         Filecopy, %saveDir%\GameSave*.sav, %saveDir%\*.bak, 1   ; Create backup
  34.     Filecopy, %saveDir%\GameSave*.sav, %quickSaveDir%, 1
  35.     if (bShowMessage)
  36.         MsgBox, Quicksave successful.
  37.     return

Hope it's useful. :)

Posted: Friday, 22 Jun 2018, 21:41   Reply with quote
Vanlixu. :razz: Well maybe it's a good game.

Posted: Sunday, 24 Jun 2018, 22:20   Reply with quote
Well, managed to finish it with the "best" ending. Level 28. No citizen killed. Everyone alive/non-dead & healthy. Don't be misled by the numerous threads on games fora about the difficulty of the last boss : it all depends on what you did earlier. The previous boss was the toughest for me.
Of course I "cheated" with the save system, for example to get all hints (reload if "hint failed"). At the end of the game, I have a collection of 139 savegames... :)

Posted: Monday, 25 Jun 2018, 20:38   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
grats Atlan67!

Posted: Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018, 16:38   Reply with quote
Forum ghost Местное привидение
Finished the game today in just under 20 hours.

Got the best ending since I didn't feed. Enjoyed the game, besides the constant running between districts.

Posted: Friday, 29 Jun 2018, 21:10   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
there is a beta patch - any way to get a hold of it?

Posted: Friday, 29 Jun 2018, 22:16   Reply with quote
If a legit owner is able to post it, sure.

Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next