Logo

CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community

Make sure the URL in your address bar starts with the correct domain!
It is currently Friday, 21 Sep 2018, 07:39

English | Русский

Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ] 

Post Post subject: Re: Goldberg Steam Emu - LAN Multiplayer Without Steam v0.1.   
Posted: Saturday, 15 Sep 2018, 11:31   Reply with quote
Advanced forumer Завсегдатай
Mr_Goldberg wrote:
BURAOT wrote:
Awesomenauts

I think that game uses its own server which means it won't work with my emu.

Awesomenauts 3.2.2 can connect with SSE but the game wont start when other client joins lobby. I think the game crashes with your emu. Newer versions work online only if I'm not mistaken.

Posted: Saturday, 15 Sep 2018, 14:06   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Started playing Conan Exiles with the wife in LAN with Mr Goldberg's fix and it works like a charm!

Thanks a lot, you are our hero!

Post Post subject: Re: Goldberg Steam Emu - LAN Multiplayer Without Steam v0.0.   
Posted: Saturday, 15 Sep 2018, 15:21   Reply with quote
yusuketh wrote:

I think no-steam users that are in LAN, I have not tested more than 2 people, I have 2 computers here plus one of them the video card does not run ff15, more I tested with the computer of a friend of mine and we did 2 missions and I had no problem, and I think it should work perfectly for 4 people, but I have not tested 4 people, nor with v0.1.1 of GB emu, I'm trying to make Toukiden 2 network, but for some reason does not connect.

I tested some games and it worked

Brawlout
Full Metal Furies
Miner Meltdown
WeNeedtoGoDeeper
SuperBombermanR

I see.. kinda odd cause theres no lobby, i will test it again with the newest version

-- Edit --

Mr_Goldberg wrote:
When I decide to revamp the config stuff in my emu I'll add a way to set custom paths.

Looking forward for this then :)

Another useful identifiers would be "pc name," or user name, the old sse used these..would be great if you could add these as well :)

Posted: Saturday, 15 Sep 2018, 20:26   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
Luxcilla wrote:
Works on the latest version of The Forest but it crashes every time i save. using the v0.1.3 version.

Read the readme, the steam_api dll is old on this game so you need a steam_interfaces.txt file.

Riuk0 wrote:
Warhammer 40.000 Dawn of War 2: Retribution (lan skirmish and The Last Stand)

i am not sure if the game uses external server

It looks like it uses an external server.

mayo84 wrote:
i have read from page 1 to 17 looking for a missing part of info to make No Man's Sky NEXT working in MP. So far, my game start correctly for host, but the join machine never lists the host server.

Is there any hidden configuration required or a game parameter to set host ip or something???

I'm using CODEX exe version of NMS.

It works for me so check your firewall/network.

Posted: Saturday, 15 Sep 2018, 21:38   Reply with quote
Stationeers (build 3076019) works with v0.1.3 :DRINK: Thanks Goldberg!

Spoiler
Some proof: [[Please login to see this link.]]

Post Post subject: Re: Goldberg Steam Emu - LAN Multiplayer Without Steam v0.0.   
Posted: Sunday, 16 Sep 2018, 02:30   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Mr_Goldberg wrote:
I might open source it in the future after the code is cleaner.

Please do seriously consider doing so. I, for one, would be very willing to contribute to this project if it was open-source.

EDIT: For example, adding stuff like automatically identifying the interface version for games with olderolder steam_api DLL/SO files.

EDIT2: BASH script for finding the interfaces on Linux:

Spoiler
#!/bin/bash

fi=$1

function findinterface {
strings "$fi" | grep -P "$1\d{3}"
}

findinterface SteamClient
findinterface SteamGameServer
findinterface SteamGameServerStats
findinterface SteamUser
findinterface SteamFriends
findinterface SteamUtils
findinterface SteamMatchMaking
findinterface SteamMatchMakingServers
findinterface STEAMUSERSTATS_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface SteamNetworking
findinterface STEAMREMOTESTORAGE_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMSCREENSHOTS_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMUNIFIEDMESSAGES_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMCONTROLLER_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMAPPLIST_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMMUSIC_INTERFACE_VERSION
findinterface STEAMMUSICREMOTE_INTERFACE_VERSION

supply the old DLL as an argument

Posted: Sunday, 16 Sep 2018, 14:40   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
gnukeaa wrote:
The game distrust. can see and invite friends, but can not automatically or manually join the game, there is no way to network. Is there a solution?

The game uses something called photon and not steam for the online.

mi_rage6 wrote:
Thnx Mr. Goldberg for ur hard work :)

Btw, I'm unable to access online lobby for Dragon Ball FighterZ using emu ver. 0.1.3. :(

I hope u don't mind looking at it in the future (posted about it before, btw). Keep up the good work :THUMBS UP:

I checked a bit and I'm not sure if the problem is my emu. It doesn't seem to call any of the auth ticket functions which means it's not trying to authenticate with an online service so it's not that. Googling the error gives me posts on the steam forum of legit people having the error because of EAC so maybe that's what's failing to initialize.

supergoat wrote:
Mr_Goldberg wrote:
I might open source it in the future after the code is cleaner.

Please do seriously consider doing so. I, for one, would be very willing to contribute to this project if it was open-source.

EDIT: For example, adding stuff like automatically identifying the interface version for games with olderolder steam_api DLL/SO files.

There are 3 main reasons I have not open sourced this yet.

1. I want to make it a legit open source project and I think the only problem is that the interface headers I have that seem to just be copy pastes from the valve sdks (though that might end up not being a problem in the U.S because of the still undecided google vs oracle case where google did exactly that with java headers).
2. The code is a bit of a mess and I want to start people off on something cleaner or else it's likely going to get worst.
3. I want people to contribute which means it needs to be on something like github/gitlab because sending patches using forum attachments is not what I want. Making sure it's a legit project would help with this.

Posted: Sunday, 16 Sep 2018, 15:57   Reply with quote
thanks for this

Posted: Sunday, 16 Sep 2018, 17:43   Reply with quote
Mr_Goldberg I did some tests in Resident Evil - Operation Raccoon City and windows asked permission for same connection when you open the games that play for the first time, the game is old and uses XLive.dll "game for windows live" has a dll created by JorjVirus69 that ignores gfwl and the game use a steam_api.dll, I think it's possible to play it online yes, although the game is not the best resident evil, it has a multiplayer coop for several people, i can try host or connect, but then it returns to the main menu, I will send all the game's files if you can take a look I thank you, the game practically died for lack of support to this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sunday, 16 Sep 2018, 19:06   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Mr_Goldberg wrote:
mi_rage6 wrote:
Thnx Mr. Goldberg for ur hard work :)

Btw, I'm unable to access online lobby for Dragon Ball FighterZ using emu ver. 0.1.3. :(

I hope u don't mind looking at it in the future (posted about it before, btw). Keep up the good work :THUMBS UP:

I checked a bit and I'm not sure if the problem is my emu. It doesn't seem to call any of the auth ticket functions which means it's not trying to authenticate with an online service so it's not that. Googling the error gives me posts on the steam forum of legit people having the error because of EAC so maybe that's what's failing to initialize.

Thnx for the reply,
I tried the solutions suggested in steam forums, and tried to prevent EAC from running using -eac_launcher parameter. In the end, nothing changed.
Well, I think the issue is very likely related to EAC, as its dll and certificate files were modified by REVOLT back then when they released the multiplayer fix, so maybe it has something to do with it. I hope it proves helpful.

Posted: Sunday, 16 Sep 2018, 19:25   Reply with quote
User Редкий гость
hi, thanks for your steam emulator.
its awesome to have a alternative and uptodate emulator for playing steam games in lan mode.

has anyone managed to successfully get ancestors legacy working ?
in the main menu i get a "Profile Synchronization Error" and when trying to host a public or private game the game gets stuck and will only display the animated menu background

Posted: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2018, 00:30   Reply with quote
Beginner Без звания
Mr_Goldberg wrote:
1. I want to make it a legit open source project and I think the only problem is that the interface headers I have that seem to just be copy pastes from the valve sdks (though that might end up not being a problem in the U.S because of the still undecided google vs oracle case where google did exactly that with java headers).
2. The code is a bit of a mess and I want to start people off on something cleaner or else it's likely going to get worst.
3. I want people to contribute which means it needs to be on something like github/gitlab because sending patches using forum attachments is not what I want. Making sure it's a legit project would help with this.

What about not distributing the headers? Maybe let the whoever is compiling it download the Steamworks APIs themselves, and include a script that takes the ZIPs and extracts all the interfaces? Alternatively, [[Please login to see this link.]] contains all the headers and you don't need to log in to access them.

Or maybe distribute them through another means (eg a forum attachment) so they're not contained in the repo?

Also, I don't think Google was using the source code from OpenJDK in Android - AFAIK they wrote it themselves, but made sure to include the exact same functions - so all the comments etc are rewritten.

Posted: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2018, 11:04   Reply with quote
I live here Три раза сломал клаву :)
arizona wrote:
DoTA 7.19B is working, tested it 3 days ago. Just open the console and type 'map dota' and at the 'Radiant or Dire' selection screen type 'dota_pause' until when the other players connect then type 'dota_pause' again to start the countdown. When you load the game, at the 'Home' screen it does not show your name but something like 'user...', but its no biggie. You can't create a lobby as it does not work.

Also, you can use this link, [[Please login to see this link.]] to play a turbo mode over lan. Just create the script and place it in C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\cfg folder. Open your console and type, 'exec turbo' and the game should start.

Note, to join team Dire or Radiant at the hero selection, type 'jointeam good or jointeam bad'.
Good luck!!!

Tried it using the emulator just now with version 7.19c and it complains about not finding "SteamNetworkingSocketsSerialized002". This is with both the 32bit and 64bit clients. Tried adding the "steam_interfaces.txt" for the 64bit version with the relevant interfaces from the original steam_api64.dll, but no luck. Can you perhaps try it out as well, or share version 7.19b if you don't mind?

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2018, 14:17   Reply with quote
Haven't tried again after the latest update but managed to get it working with the latest RevEmu update and it worked along with many items available. But seems items don't work with the 64 bit version, maybe I did something wrong, will check tomorrow again. Will try tomorrow morning again with THIS emu, fingers crossed.

***Unfortunately my game updated and I only made a spare copy of version 7.19C, sorry.

Posted: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2018, 19:00   Reply with quote
Super flooder Почетный графоман
Works fine with game Barony. No games in the server browser but direct connect works fine :-).

Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next